Head Lights Turn off after 10min

-
Ahhh!
You don't need no stinkn' kit! Relays are cheap at the parts house and easy to wire up. Do it yourself and save a few bucks.

Here is a diagram of how to wire a 5 pin relay below,

This is too true in some cases..You get what you pay for.
Just one connector with adiquate gauge wire for the headlight circuit will cost about 10 bucks at NAPA.
You can find 4 or 5 relays with connectors at ebay for only 20 bucks. They are 100% garbage. Their female terminals are so loose in the plastic connector that 3 out of 5 may miss the male spade terminal of the relay. They might be fine for ugrading a horn relay but for something critical as headlights... no way.
If you want to do the headlights right and save money too, Go to a parts yard and chop out the relay connectors, wire, etc..that was deems adaquate for the duty.

Ahhh!
You don't need no stinkn' kit! Relays are cheap at the parts house and easy to wire up. Do it yourself and save a few bucks.

Here is a diagram of how to wire a 5 pin relay below,
It looks like that diagram doesn't provide enough information.
He would need two separate relay circuits: one for the low beams and another for the high beams. The high beam and low beam voltages from the headlight switch would have to be substituted for the "ANY switched +12v lead" connections in the drawing. Also, the "FAN +12V wire..." connections would have to be connected to the low beam power on the first circuit and the high beam power on the second circuit. The "FAN +12V wire..." connection would have to go to either both low beam filaments or both high beam filaments. That's why each pair of filaments would require their own relay setup.

The fact that he already bought a new alternator and regulator suggests to me that he doesn't yet have the experience to be able to convert your schematic to something he can use for his headlights.

BTW...I have used this relay setup on my two old cars and the really brighten the headlights. You don't need be fixing a headlight problem to see a big improvement!

It looks like that diagram doesn't provide enough information.
He would need two separate relay circuits: one for the low beams and another for the high beams. The high beam and low beam voltages from the headlight switch would have to be substituted for the "ANY switched +12v lead" connections in the drawing. Also, the "FAN +12V wire..." connections would have to be connected to the low beam power on the first circuit and the high beam power on the second circuit. The "FAN +12V wire..." connection would have to go to either both low beam filaments or both high beam filaments. That's why each pair of filaments would require their own relay setup.

The fact that he already bought a new alternator and regulator suggests to me that he doesn't yet have the experience to be able to convert your schematic to something he can use for his headlights.

BTW...I have used this relay setup on my two old cars and the really brighten the headlights. You don't need be fixing a headlight problem to see a big improvement!

I should have been more detailed. The diagram is from google. I should have Changed the "Fan" circuit to "Accessory" needing power in MS Paint... Yes I agree with your Hi/Lo circuits needing two relays but that should have been a given. One curcuit per relay. All this can be wired from the Hi/Lo dimmer switch on the floorboard. Still a very simple task!

-
Back