header attempt = fail

-

03ramit1

Reaction score
well I have a set of pacesetter long tubes that were in my wrecked 04 ram. And since I had them I wanted to see if they would work in a duster. I found out that they are not even close. (was hopeing they would be) it appeared that the headers were going to fit with a slight modification to the firewall, but I found out that even with the mods it would still interfear with the tb on the passanger side, and the drivers side was not going to happen no matter what we tried. (unless we removed the stearing column and gearbox) but that makes it hard to drive the car. I stepped into the money needed to get the tti parts, so I'll just go that route. I have too many other parts of the car that require my time and attention to worry about building headers and motor mounts. (as it sits right now it looks like 6 more monthes before the car will even move under hemi power. Sorry for rambling just wanted to let everyone know that the ram long tubes will not even come close to working. I had them on hand and figured it was worth a shot as it did not cost me anything.

I commend you for trying . . . I think it is a shame Abody owners have to pay such a high dollar for anything close to decent fit, have to basically turn their cars upside down, pull everything including the glove box to help make them fit, or hack their vehicles up to save money. I have a 383 with no exhaust, the proper manifolds are selling for 3 or 4 times what an average set sell for, and headers are gold. MHO

the key to no leaks with the hemi, are factory gaskets. I ran them with my headers on my truck for about 8@,000 miles without a single leak.

the key to no leaks with the hemi, are factory gaskets. I ran them with my headers on my truck for about 8@,000 miles without a single leak.

Hey Ramit, I have an extra set of Jeep SRT8 manifolds you can own for a lot less than those TTI's..

Car manifolds... same as Jeep I believe... I am gonna take them off soon, they are new, and would powder coat real nice.

Hey Ramit, I have an extra set of Jeep SRT8 manifolds you can own for a lot less than those TTI's..

thanks for the offer. But I'll go TTI. Because I am building a drag car first and a street car second. So I want all the power I can get out of the motor. I know the SRT's are good manifolds, but I think there is more to be had with the long tubes. And once the motor gets stroked with a set of 09+ heads, and ends up eather seeing a400 shot of nitrous or twin hairdryers, I'll be wanting the better exhaust.

Car manifolds... same as Jeep I believe... I am gonna take them off soon, they are new, and would powder coat real nice.

the car and jeep are slightly different. I have some 5.7 jeep manifolds sitting in the gerage.

the jeeps do work and I would think that the cars would to. But I don't know for sure.

The only manifolds that work are the jeep SRT8 versions. All the others (including the 6.1 manifolds) exit into the firewall, or kick out and interfear with the steering.

the 5.7 jeep should work. But I have not tried them. They look like they will. I might try them for you guys as I have them. Hell if I can get a few other sets I'll try them too. I'll talk with a buddy of mine and see what other manifolds I can get.

Here is a pic of the manifolds. I used the car manifolds on mine

Top SRT8
Car
Jeep
Truck

Attachments

• PA040138.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 886
  • PA040140.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 900
  • PA040139.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 903
I'm going to end up with the ram manifolds, but they will be bolted on backwards. To allow easy plumbing for my turbos. I am also going to try a set of ram shorty headers. (bolted on backwards as well) I hate to use the manifolds as they are restrictive, but it might be my only option.

Gdemon - is it 5.7 300c manifold you´r runnin on your 6.1??

Yes the 2009 and newer 5.7 car manifold has the same exhaust port as the 6.1.

For those of you considering Jeep SRT8 manifolds, here are a couple pic's I snapped the other day.

Attachments

• Picture 192.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 692
  • Picture 193.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 683
  • Picture 194.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 716
  • Picture 195.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 705
  • Picture 196.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 695
Wow those like they fit very nice.Great pics. just wonder how they would do against the factory steering box.

-
Back