Reaction score
So I have narrowed it down to Dougs or TTI headers for
my combo. The Dougs require a mini-starter and the TTI's
will work with the standard starter the way I read it. They
appear to be comparable money so I am looking for input from
anyone with experience with either header so I can make a
decision and get them on the way. ;-)
Thanks, Douglas

I have the tti's and i think they're great, i like how you can actually remove the #7 pipe. And you can run a stock starter but it won't last long because of heat soak, i know from experience lol

tti's:cheers: on my second set on my second duster,fit and finish is second to none,installation is a breeze compared to other brands..Dougs are nice also but i prefer tti's...

I have Doug's and I mocked it up with the stock starter before I installed the motor. It fits but the headers capture it, meaning that you would have to unhook the header, maybe remove it to get the starter out. I went with a mini starter.

I have the tti headers and they fit great. Running the mini starter because that was there before the tti's

Buy dougs and save $200+...

Buy a Junkyard mini starter for $20. I have a bunch of Mini's and I buy them at the yard. Starting 13:1 SB's with no isuues.

The regular starter will fit as noted with Dougs.

Even if the TTI`s are more expensive I believe they`re worth it. Mine fit beautifully and the connecting surfaces are done very well. Never had a leak and the collectors fit so good they don`t even require a gasket. TTI`s are good quality stuff.

I'd go with the mini starter if for no other reason than they're a hell of a lot lighter and when it comes time to change the old heavy starter, and you will, you'll be saying to yourself why didn't I put in a mini. They're also smaller that the O.E.M. which really helps when there are header pipes in the way. JMHO.

Terry

Having cars with both tti and Dougs, I'd spend my money on Dougs everytime saving $200 in the process.

IMO, tti are a nice piece but way overpriced.

Is TTi or Dougs making 1 7/8 headers for A-bodies yet?I did hear about a month ago that TTi was gonna start making them>Does anybody know?Thanks.

Is TTi or Dougs making 1 7/8 headers for A-bodies yet?I did hear about a month ago that TTi was gonna start making them>Does anybody know?Thanks.

i called a shop that is a dealer for TTI over here in sweden a few weeks back and they gave TTI a call and asked and sure they hade the 1 7/8" primary headers on the shelf for smallblock abodys :) as soon as i get my money togheter i will put in an order :)

-
Back