Header help !!

-

piz1975

Reaction score
I'm putting a 440 in my 72 Duster, does anybody know what the best headers are for this. Also any idea on engine mounts and can I still use my OG 340 K-member? My car is going the route of nostalgic Super Stock, so I'm not afraid of fender well headers either, and I am looking for long tubes.
And yes, the car is a true 340 4speed H code car, but unfortunately the OG engine and trans were long gone when I got the car, so I'm doing what I want...time for a drag car!

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 166
Welcome to FABO piz1975, there is a forum on here for Big block tech and you can search header info there. I'm running under chassis TTI headers with a 440 in my 75 Duster and real tight but do fit well.

There has been talk here on FABO of a company making a special header for your application. It puts 3 pipes down in the normal place, and the 4th pipe through the apron.Sorry, I forgot who it was; maybe Schumacher,IDK ?

Schumacher also makes mounts to bolt your 440 onto the 340K

Welcome! I have fenderwells on my 75 Duster. Love the performance but hate the tire size limitations.....
vbpgimage.php

Welcome! I have fenderwells on my 75 Duster. Love the performance but hate the tire size limitations.....
vbpgimage.php

think the headers he was referring to may be proparts, or mad dog.

Get ready to spend 1K dollars.

-
Back