Header Install On /6

-

69 DART"420"

420.DART GT 69
Reaction score
HAS ANYONE PUT HEADERS ON A /6 DO I HAVE TO REMOVE DRIVER SIDE MOTOR MOUNT?THE FRONT HEADER IS A MUTHA FU#?ER THE BACK HEADER HITS THE SHIFTER/TRANS MANUAL TRANS A FEW WACKS I SHOULD GET THE BACK ONE TO FIT ALSO DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE A/C AND AIR PUMP? IM REMOVING THE LEAN BURN SET UP SO I FIG. I WOULD USE A SET OF HEADERS THIS IS IN MY 82 D150 TRUCK THANKS FOR ANY HELP:happy10:

I dont have a slant truck however the headers for truck slants and cars bodys are all different. I have a set of 6 into 1 Truck headers if you need a set. Might trade if you havent killed the others.
Frank

I Would Love To Trade Ect.i Got Them From A Guy In Cali He Thought They Were From A Dart But He Wasnt Sure The Back One Had Been Beat Up A Lil By The The Guy In Cali I Will Post Pics Of Them Some Time Today Thanks For The Help

FRONT.JPG

FRONT2.JPG

BACK.JPG

OK HERES SOME PICS THANKS AGAIN:cheers:

FRONT.JPG

FRONT2.JPG

BACK.JPG

I think I will cry. Those look like the old Clifford headers for the 66 and older "A" bodies. They look like they were new, before they wre beat to death. They haven't been available for many years.

You can still save them by cutting and patching, I have saved worse looking headders before.
I have a set of truck headders that I took off a older (late 60's) truck in a wreaking yard years ago. They are covered in surface rust but they aren't too banged up if I remember right. They are out at my dads shop, I will grab them next time Im out there.

If I remember right we didnt have to remove anything other than the intake to get them out of the truck.

I at least need them for a pattern. Ill do the trade. PM me your contact info and Ill get mine boxed up. I may have so extra goodies if you need them.
Frank

I at least need them for a pattern.
Frank

Frank, are you going to see about getting them copied? Keep me in the loop. I have a old set of headers like that for the 170, that are shot, but are OK for a pattern, to make new ones. Just can't find anyone that will do it for a reasonable price.

Charrlie
Im going to try and get both copied. It would be good to have the 170 headders and the early A stuff available again.
Frank

-
Back