Header Install ???

-

moparduster

Reaction score
Im rebuilding my 360. A buddy of mine gave me some hooker headers for free. My question is whats the easiest way to install the engine and headers? drop the k frame? Install the headers to the engine and drop them in? put headers in place then drop the engine in and bolt up the headers? If there is already a post on this is sorry, please direct me to the post.

look at the headers and see if the driver side has the drag link going thru it as most hooker headers do...so you need to drop the drag link and get it out of the way..

after getting engine in place and connected to trans ...you dont say if trans is going in with engine or already in car..

then using engine hoist raise engine one side at a time to get headers installed...

I put hookers on my dart (slant 6 to 360 conversion)while it was up on jack stands putting the motor in. I had to take the steering linkages off and run them through the header tubes. I also had to raise the engine up with a engine lift to get them in. Mine also had to be dented on some of the tubes to clear. Welcome to the wonderful world of headers, they sound good but if yours turn out like mine they are a pain to install.

the transmission is going to be out of the car cause it is getting rebuilt also and im also rebuilding the front suspention cause it is wore slap out. so with that being said how would you tackle this kind of project?

Set the driver's side header in the car. Then carefully lower the engine in place. The passenger side should slip right in keeping in mind you my have to raise the engine up a little. Sounds like you have most of the obstacles out of the way.

-
Back