Header issues for early A V8!

-

jdhasa65cuda

Reaction score
Spring is comin, well not too soon, so i am once again on a quest for headers for my 65 "S" Cuda. I have tried many times to locate a good set. Still havent made a decision. Had a order in for Spitfire, but as you all might know that was a bust. Any advise would be appreciated.

dougs or tti for under carriage headers..

from everything i have read the dougs seem to be an easier install. they also run a smaller collector. 2 1/2"

i helped with a set of tti and boy are they a ***** on an early A but they do fit and work well. tti also us a bigger 3" collector

Prices please .

check summit for the dougs and and any tti dealer (or the tti web site)for tti prices. want me to order and install them for ya too?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks any way . Made some hacked ones for a laugh wanna see them ? @ $60 . I'll redo them tottally later when $$ allows ETC . I'll post the pre pic of them mocked up on my profile page .

TTI Headers like what was said they are very nice but they are a little bit of a pain to install

Attachments

• Valiant Exhaust 011.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 316
  • Valiant Exhaust 010.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Valiant Exhaust 014.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 312
I know this is a little OT but why is the driveshaft loop at the beginning? Is it because when it goes the yoke is nearly always what breaks and not the pinion on the rear end?

Guess you have no interest in fenderwell Headers? Helped put a set of dougs on a 65 valiant wagon. Install was not bad & like the 2.5" collectors for stock or slightly modded engine. Dougs or TTI are both in $750 up category .Sometimes used spitfires will show up on Ebag or on FABO.

I know this is a little OT but why is the driveshaft loop at the beginning? Is it because when it goes the yoke is nearly always what breaks and not the pinion on the rear end?

If driveshaft breaks free at yoke think giant pogo stick under car digging into road surface. Not a good situation. Breaking at pinion still not good but would drag & bang up floor but not possibly catapult vehicle.

Oldschoolcuda

Guess you have no interest in fenderwell Headers? Helped put a set of dougs on a 65 valiant wagon. Install was not bad & like the 2.5" collectors for stock or slightly modded engine. Dougs or TTI are both in $750 up category .Sometimes used spitfires will show up on Ebag or on FABO.

If driveshaft breaks free at yoke think giant pogo stick under car digging into road surface. Not a good situation. Breaking at pinion still not good but would drag & bang up floor but not possibly catapult vehicle.

Oldschoolcuda

I did that on first test run of my 66 fish when I was 15. motor mount broke while getting on it and torqued enough for front yoke to slip out and stab the road. fortunately was on gravel road! the teenage learning curve! gotta love it

-
Back