header/manifold advice

-

wracks71

Reaction score
i am about to lower my car at least another inch,so i HAVE to change the headers out. i am thinking shorty headers,but i am not opposed to good manifolds. i am running a 360 magnum motor and a tremec 5 spd. the rest of my exhaust is great,i might add an x-pipe or h-pipe. any suggestions?!

Exhaust manifolds are the best way to gain ground clearance. What exactly fits besides what cme with the car, IE: 340 exhaust manifolds, IDK.

Shorties have clearance issues with the K frame.

OH, X pipe.

I do, but I don't know what "Da Fish" meant by that:dontknow: I'm prepping to go thru the same issue as my car is gonna be pretty low too. I have some stock manifolds already on the engine. I researched the Hedman Shorty's and Hedman sez they will work (Mad Dart has them on his car). I'm also thinking of COD'ing some of Harolds too. I know almost everyone here says that Harold is a headache in a suitcase but I figure if I go COD like Joe says I ain't out of pocket if he poops the deal. My engine combo is rather mild but I think that I'm getting to the edge of my manifolds usefulness. Oh and might I add I know Dougs and TTI are a great product but I'm not at that power level or willing to pop 7 bills for a pair. (yeah I know, "cheap ***" :toothy10:)

OH, X pipe.
you don't like x-pipes?

LOL, I don't know how you come to the thought that I don't like a X pipe system because I have recomended them over and over again over a "H" pipe set up nearly each and everytime this comes up.

You asked a question, my answer was given and then I forgot to add which exhaust system set up I'd do, and said, "OH, X pipe" as in use that, go that way.

LOL, I don't know how you come to the thought that I don't like a X pipe system because I have recomended them over and over again over a "H" pipe set up nearly each and everytime this comes up.

You asked a question, my answer was given and then I forgot to add which exhaust system set up I'd do, and said, "OH, X pipe" as in use that, go that way.
Sorry bout that, I didn't think (imagine that!) that the "oh, X pipe" was an addendum to your post. I can speak for Wracks but thats where my head was at, sorry bout that...

heres my worthless thought about what headers u should get...dougs or tti's...i know, its pretty lame that there are only 2 companies that make a great header that fits....

Sorry bout that, I didn't think (imagine that!) that the "oh, X pipe" was an addendum to your post. I can speak for Wracks but thats where my head was at, sorry bout that...

lol! a little behind,but,mtandrews is right. i think my head was you know where. thanks for the advice. i still have not had time to figure this out!

well after the road track race sunday i have three flat tubes now! i have some time,but i want to have my ducks in a row and get some ordered soon. i would like to use shorties,because i don't need long tubes,as long as they work. can anyone post some underside pics of either one? thanks guys!

-
Back