header options please

-

ducter

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help here. I have a 73 Dart Sport with a 400 in it. I just got the car a few months ago and its in need of a lot of work. The exhaust comes off the stock manifolds and is all just crap from the manifolds to the mufflers. I want to grab some headers and redo the exhaust.

Does anyone else have a 73 with a BB and headers? Or know which ones will fit? The stock manifolds were a giant PIA to get and had basically no clearance so I am concerned with fitment. If some one knows a model number or something that would be great.

Thank you. I will go check them out now.

Shumacher Creative Designs Tri Y headers fit the best. TTI and Bob Mazzolini Racing both have good quality through the chasis offerings that both perform better than the Tri Ys. Both are a pain in *** to install and clearance is tight compared to the Tri Ys. If you want performance, Hooker Super Competition Fender Well exits are excellent out of the box headers, but you must cut the fender wells and tire clearnace is tight. The very best are custom made. If it is a street car, get the Schumacher's and have them coated. You can change the starter without removing the header. The have good clearnance and perform much better than stock. If it is occasionaly street and mostly a race car, get the Hookers. If Pro Stock Race Only, go with the customs. Sorry TTI and Bob!

Going to have to do some thinking, first go round with a MOPAR, let alone a MOPAR BB lol, prices are a bit high for headers. Other post made mention of SB headers fitting but manual steering required. I think I will pursue swapping over to manual.

Shumacher Creative Designs Tri Y headers fit the best. TTI and Bob Mazzolini Racing both have good quality through the chasis offerings that both perform better than the Tri Ys. Both are a pain in *** to install and clearance is tight compared to the Tri Ys. If you want performance, Hooker Super Competition Fender Well exits are excellent out of the box headers, but you must cut the fender wells and tire clearnace is tight. The very best are custom made. If it is a street car, get the Schumacher's and have them coated. You can change the starter without removing the header. The have good clearnance and perform much better than stock. If it is occasionaly street and mostly a race car, get the Hookers. If Pro Stock Race Only, go with the customs. Sorry TTI and Bob!
x2

x2

Check out bigblockdart.com. There is a article on their tech page that may help you out. It states that standard B-body 383 headers will work but they need a few dings for clearance.

Check out bigblockdart.com. There is a article on their tech page that may help you out. It states that standard B-body 383 headers will work but they need a few dings for clearance.

Yeah, I think that's the route I need to go. Just have to swap to manual steering first.

Bob Mazzolini is an A hole. I would never buy anything from him again. I bought a 904 from him and he didn't stand behind it. He's nice before you buy, a hole after.

Read several times that the hp manifolds are actually pretty decent, that's what I currently have...are they really OK?

Hooker fenderwells have tight tire clearance. You'll need little 24" tires, or raise the front end some.

-
Back