Header Preferance

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
Any opinions as to which header works better with the Clifford Hyper Pak Intake, the Clifford shorties,or Hooker Super Comp ?? I'm almost positive the Aussie ones I have will have interference (despite my alteration to fit the Aussie Hurricane Intake) with the intake runners !! I've got my Cliffords out getting Ceramic Coated now,so I'm sure to get that BLING I keep wanting !!

according to the chrysler engineers back in the day, the best headers would have a 40" tube of 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 dia. into a 6" long collector 3" in dia. thats what the old DC headers are.

Any opinions as to which header works better with the Clifford Hyper Pak Intake, the Clifford shorties,or Hooker Super Comp ?? I'm almost positive the Aussie ones I have will have interference (despite my alteration to fit the Aussie Hurricane Intake) with the intake runners !! I've got my Cliffords out getting Ceramic Coated now,so I'm sure to get that BLING I keep wanting !!

Have no idea on the answer to your question but if you don't mind me asking, about what did it cost to get the ceramic coating and who did you go through? Thanks! -Dan

I have the Offenhauser intake http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OFY-5270LK/ and use the Hooker super comp headers to a Y-pipe. It is a tight fit and the only issue was having to notch the flange near the trans due to using a moroso extra deep trans pan, and tricky hooking up the bung on cyl#3 tube to the bottom of the intake for heat, other than that they are great.

I have the Offenhauser intake http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OFY-5270LK/ and use the Hooker super comp headers to a Y-pipe. It is a tight fit and the only issue was having to notch the flange near the trans due to using a moroso extra deep trans pan, and tricky hooking up the bung on cyl#3 tube to the bottom of the intake for heat, other than that they are great.

No Bung Hole problem here !! (couldn't resist) Heat in Fla is never a problem ! I've got 3 Intakes and 3 sets of headers,the Cliffords I just had ceramic coated ($250),the Hookers I bought Coated already,and the Aussie's I'm going to leave alone !! I'm going to be going with my favorite Intake which is the Hyper Pak style !! But I want to see if the Hooker Headers will work with it,or if I'll need to stick with the Cliffords !! Once I determine that,then I'll get rid of the others that I don't use !!

I think MP's determination was as said earlier was the 40" tubes, but also they found out that one common collector was best.

Yeah,but I'm one of those thick headed SOB's that just won't give up my True Duals !!Don't care about the extra weight or none of the other concerns raised,just a mule in both senses of the word !!:D I would like to find a couple of Nascar style Exhaust tips that are a flattened oval kinda shape to exit out the sides !!

These are the aussie Pacemakers I have for my slant.

Attachments

• IMGP0113.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMGP0122.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 141
Yeah,but I'm one of those thick headed SOB's that just won't give up my True Duals !!Don't care about the extra weight or none of the other concerns raised,just a mule in both senses of the word !!:D I would like to find a couple of Nascar style Exhaust tips that are a flattened oval kinda shape to exit out the sides !!

On a slant, you'll make more power going six into two into one. Like the dual outlet Hookers or old Cliffords and then making a Y into like a single 3" pipe. Scavenges like all hell. Just like that header up there.

On a slant, you'll make more power going six into two into one. Like the dual outlet Hookers or old Cliffords and then making a Y into like a single 3" pipe. Scavenges like all hell. Just like that header up there.

just like i have...

as long as its a long tube equal length you'll be in good shape... i think 1.5" would be plenty for most motors but 1 5/8" is what the hookers are...

-
Back