header problems

-

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
So.....the headers I have are too big, they crash into the k-member and torsion bar, I'm thinking of maybe cutting and welding these to fit....or am I better off with shorty headers?

Gilbert, what brand headers and what car, what engine? Any other info will help with the diagnosis.

Sorry, Rick. It's for a 68 Barracuda, small block 318. The headers I'm not sure of the brand, but they are long tube headers. I got them from a buddy that came out of a 318 66 Dart. He had to bang the crap out of his fender well to get them to fit. I don't wanna bang up my fender wells.

66 headers dont fit a 68 A body.....

that is all..

Sorry, Rick. It's for a 68 Barracuda, small block 318. The headers I'm not sure of the brand, but they are long tube headers. I got them from a buddy that came out of a 318 66 Dart. He had to bang the crap out of his fender well to get them to fit. I don't wanna bang up my fender wells.

Don't be sorry :D, I won't be a lot of help myself as far as what unit's have issues. I just wanted you to post a little info so the other members had something to work with.

Good luck getting it figured out.:thumbrig:

You should get the right headers for your car. Summit sells some that fit and function good for like 150.

Best choice for what? Ground clearance? Yes. Power? No. If you are at least the stock ride height in the front, the Summit long tubes will have plenty of ground clearance.

I don't nuthin know about all that.

So.....the headers I have are too big, they crash into the k-member and torsion bar, I'm thinking of maybe cutting and welding these to fit....or am I better off with shorty headers?

Simple... Go back to manifolds. :thumbup:

-
Back