Header Question

-

Mopastor

Reaction score
Thanks for looking.

I'm trying to deciede weither or not to use my pro part 1 7/8 primary headers on my 70 dart 440. The motor makes around 700 horse and these headers work, but it looks like a major pain in the butt to change plugs. I am thinking of going with hooker 5215 fenderwells with 2 inch primaries. I am thinking that would give me more power, but I dont know how well they fit and it there would be any advantage when it comes to changing spark plugs.

If anyone has used these and can speak to the question that would be great. That or if you have any other suggestions as to headers that would be great. I dont mind spending some money if they fit well and would make it easier on race day. I just dont want to plop down 1000 on headers.

Thanks!

I can not answer fit and ease of plug changing, but at that HP level, I'd be looking at a 2-1/8 min. header I think. Good question though. I'm watching the answers on this one.

i'm running the tti 2" primaries on a 440 in my 70 duster the driver side fairly easy to get at plugs the passanger side you have to cut holes in the inner fender well to get to the plugs on 4 and 6 also if you have to change the stater you have to pull the driver side header out it pretty much incases the starter not the same as the headers your talking about running but just something to keep in mined when looking at fit just my 2 cents

Don't see a big problem with the plugs on the Pro Parts I have them on mine and the only one I have a bit of a problem with is #6, just have to use one of those sockets with the hex head and a box wrench from under the car.

Can you still get "Pro Parts" headers?
What is there cost?

814 crank hp now. 2 Hooker fenderwell headers.

IMGP1124.jpg

This car runs 10.71 at 126 mph in the 1/4 mile,so maybe 600 crank hp off the juice,tti's 2" headers.

IMGP0230.jpg

Hookers are easy to change plugs.
tti's I cut a hole in the drivers side wheel well to get access to plug # 6 easier.

Fenderwell headers make it easy to change the plugs and starter. (from underneath) but the master cylinder takes a lot of heat.

-
Back