header question

-

Dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
hey guys i got a 75 swinger with a 318 i got some flowtech headers im having trouble gettting the drivers side in the engine is out of the car im trying to get the headers in first then dropiing the motor in my question is does the center link go through the header i can get the header around it at all if i go under it the header is almost below the motor mount and over it the header is not even under the car please help if you have headers simular to these please post some pics of the top and bottom of the drivers side thanks a bunch im a newbie here but i look forward to posting more il get some pics up soon!

Here are a couple of pictures from a couple days ago. Too bad you hadn't asked sooner. I could have taken better pictures for you. These are hooker headers, but I'm sure yours are similar. Three tubes go below the drag link, one above. You'll need to knock the joint loose at the drag link and pitman arm, and either the inner or outer tie rod end to slide the headers in.

Attachments

• IMG-20110725-00017.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG-20110808-00049.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 162
thanks alot guys very helpfull i though that was the only way it could fit but it never said anything about it in the directions guess thats why i threw them away lol!

I installed the same headers 4th of july weekend. Fit great. My header gasket does have a small leak though. If you take any of the studs out run a tap threw them as the bolts in my case went in further than was threaded.

i read on the directions on the later model heads which mine are (86) you have to tap and plug the smog holes that may be where your leak is!

-
Back