Header question

-

6pkScamp

Reaction score
Will the TTI 1 7/8 header hurt the performance of a 340 .030 over vs the 1 5/8's. The reason I ask is the future my be a 416 instead of the 340. Don't want to buy two sets. I see they recommend the larger tube for the stroker, but if it doesn't affect the smaller cubes I'll go big.

they would sell asap if you end up selling them for the bigger ones.

If you are going stroker later on, then go big now....buy them once and you're done.

The TTI 1 5/8"-1 3/4" step headers work well in a wide range of applications. They should be considered as 1 3/4" headers, not 1 5/8". Race only 360 with 6,700 shift points, I've gone 11.20's. My engine builder with a car weighing several hundred lbs less has been 10.70's.

If you drive any on the street, I'd consider staying with the step headers. Race only with a lot of gear, converter, etc., maybe 1 7/8". I've always liked to lean a bit more on the conservative side and have been happy with the results.

The TTI 1 7/8 headers where made with 650HP in mind. It's not that it will hurt the performance of the 340, BUT it might be overkill for it. Now on that 416 stroker it's a different story. At the same time make sure that along with the 416 the heads flow better so that way you get the full benefits of the TTI 1 7/8

Ported and polished Indybrocks are going on now and will also be on the stroker. The valve train is all Hughes solid lift .600, .610 248-252 dur.

-
Back