Header Recemendation for a 440 Dart

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We are currently dropping in a 440 into a 71 Dart. The car is a race car and the motor is mounted using elephant ears. There doesn't appear to be enough room for headers. The inner fenders are still in place. Which brand of header can we use and not cut the inner fenders up to much??? Looking for at least 2" tubes.
Thanks Jeff
pictures of them installed if you have them would be helpful

Doesn't tti have some under chassis headers, if not might need to open those fenders

Bob Mazzoloni Pro Parts Headers. They offer them in 2" or 2 1/8" step headers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 151
Wow, I think I just found the headders for my 440 build!
Thanks for the heads up on those. (my wallet is shaking in fear tho)

;)

They are partial fender well headers. One tube exits the fender on the passenger side and 2 tubes on the drivers side.

how bout a quick video clip? (Id love to hear your motor) what size is your exhaust? I just scored a nice pair of 3" Flomasters and am trying to decide if I wanna just go easy (turn downs) or fancy (exit through the rear quarter infront of the rear tires)
and while im asking questions, where do your two crankcase breather lines go?

I have used the 2" TTI headers with manual steering box. You have to remove torsion bars to install the headers and also have to have a mini starter.

how bout a quick video clip? (Id love to hear your motor) what size is your exhaust? I just scored a nice pair of 3" Flomasters and am trying to decide if I wanna just go easy (turn downs) or fancy (exit through the rear quarter infront of the rear tires)
and while im asking questions, where do your two crankcase breather lines go?

I don't have a good video clip of it running with the exhaust on. I only have one with it open headers. The valve cover breathers go to a breather box in front of the motor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 120
Whats the advantage of the breather box? (besides pure bad *** looks)
That is a fine looking engine!

It use to have the breathers on top of the valve covers but it would spit some oil out of them on a long pull. Now with the breather box it doesn't make a mess anymore.

Thats what I thought, Thanks. our boat motors would blow (oil) out the breathers after a hard run.

-
Back