header recomendation

-

jrodzter

Reaction score
Hey mopar freaks! Can anybody advise or recomend what shorty or short headers I can put in my dart? I got the 318 with headmans long tube rite now bt looking to get more space in that area. I went to change my power steering gear box and having a bi... of a time.

Any time you are dealing with headers of any kind it's a bit** to take out the steering box, you might as well take the whole header on that side out.
Manual steering would be a lot easier.
With factory exhaust manifolds, i barely had enough room to remove the power steering box with them installed. I removed the pitman arm before i took it out as well.
Do yourself a favor and change all of the seals in the p/s box when it's out, i think it cost me under 20 bucks.

If you are going to the shorty headers you would be just as well off with the HP type stock manifolds.

Id like to take the time to thank everyone who's replied to my post, I greatly appreciate your info and will use it to my advantage, thanx again. .. jrodzter.

I would take the short tube headers over stock exhaust manifolds everyday of the week. 1 thing I would do though for higher hp applications is step up the exhaust to 3" right at the collector before attaching to your exhaust system.

-
Back