Headers 1965 273

-

cudafish65

Reaction score
Hey all, have a 65 barracuda with a 273. I know there are headers available for this but I'm looking for something a little more cost effective. Has anyone modified later headers to make work. I'm no stranger to modification but just want to know others experiences, thanks

Hey all, have a 65 barracuda with a 273. I know there are headers available for this but I'm looking for something a little more cost effective. Has anyone modified later headers to make work. I'm no stranger to modification but just want to know others experiences, thanks
Some have. I wouldn't. There have been scads of threads about early A v8 headers here on FABO. Do a little homework first and you will know the answers by others mistakes.

I just saw a 62' Valiant/magnum 360 swap in one of the threads here at FABO and he used the truck manifolds, your 65' has a little more room,I bet if you found a pair for a 5.2 (318) magnum truck they would wake that 273 right up. he did say he milled 1/4" off of the mating surface for a little extra clearance, but like I said the 65's are a little wider .:thumbsup:

I just saw a 62' Valiant/magnum 360 swap in one of the threads here at FABO and he used the truck manifolds, your 65' has a little more room,I bet if you found a pair for a 5.2 (318) magnum truck they would wake that 273 right up. he did say he milled 1/4" off of the mating surface for a little extra clearance, but like I said the 65's are a little wider .:thumbsup:
62's are way different than 63-66 cars but yes manifolds will work.

-
Back