Headers 273 body a

-

DGÉ

Reaction score
Hello, can tell me which of the headers did best on engine 273 Barracuda fastback 1966, with the can of modification work,Thank you,DGÉ.

We are installing tti headers on my dads 64 valiant next month(supposedly) and see how it goes.

Doug's or TTI's are your best choices, hold on to your wallet! 65'

On the 66 - is the car manual or automatic? If it is automatic - is it column or floor shifted? If column shifted - you have trouble

Floor shifted should work - if you haven't made the change you will need a mini starter - many options

Long tube headers are the best, there are also some block huggers, which cost a little less and can be a little easier to install. I run Sanderson DD8s

Most of all - read the complete instructions for the TTI/Dougs.

If it is automatic-is it the column or the floor moved? If the column is staged-you are struggling
Explain to me, thank you

Hello I just want explanations on how to make the changes, that can help me, thank you DGÉ.The starter was replaced and then I do what

Dougs is your best choice for fit and price.

Thank you, it's ok but I want to know the changes to do before installing them, I have a mini mopar start then I do what, thank you for help, DGÉ.

Thank you, it's ok but I want to know the changes to make before installing them, I have a mini start mopar an automatic transmission and a shifter on the floor, then I do what, thank you for help, DGÉ.

Ok but I want if you want to give me information so that I make the changes before to move forward in my work, thank you.

I don't understand what changes you mean. You have to remove everything the instructions tells you and then reassemble when done. I had Dougs headers on my 65 small block Valiant back about 1997 or so. I like Dougs because they were the makers of the original D Dart headers in 1966 and know about these little cars. Plus, TTI, IMO are over priced and don't always fit right. The only "change" I am aware of is the little starter. Other than that, you simply follow the instructions. The Dougs will FIT the car. You might go to the Dougs web site. I am sure you can download their instructions and find more information.

Oh one more change......I believe you have to use the 90* oil filter adapter. I did on mine.

If it is automatic-is it the column or the floor mounted? If the column is staged-you are struggling

The column shifter connects to the bottom of the steering column to the transmission- the ear and linkage can be in the way of the headers. (see photos)

Your car should already have the 90° filter (attached photo - sorry not the best)

1a.JPG

1a.JPG

1b.JPG

2 (1).JPG

Hello, thanks for the photos, I will order the Dougs, you your choice are Dougs or TTI, thanks to those who helped me, DGÉ.

I don't understand what changes you mean. You have to remove everything the instructions tells you and then reassemble when done. I had Dougs headers on my 65 small block Valiant back about 1997 or so. I like Dougs because they were the makers of the original D Dart headers in 1966 and know about these little cars. Plus, TTI, IMO are over priced and don't always fit right. The only "change" I am aware of is the little starter. Other than that, you simply follow the instructions. The Dougs will FIT the car. You might go to the Dougs web site. I am sure you can download their instructions and find more information.

Oh one more change......I believe you have to use the 90* oil filter adapter. I did on mine.

RRR ... The original Dougs that were manufactured for the D/Dart had 1 3/4" primary tubes and 3.0" collectors. I do have a set of both. I measured the ones that I have from the late 1990's and the primaries are a little under 1 5/8" and the collectors are 2.5".

The originals took me less then 2 hours to install on my first D/Dart (The *****). Yesterday, I started reinstalling the late 1990's set of Doug's headers on my D/Dart, Dana's old car. I had to go to a 10 1/2" clutch setup due to the installation of a Mopar Performance 360-380 HP crate engine. I know it'll take more then 2 hours to install them.

RRR ... The original Dougs that were manufactured for the D/Dart had 1 3/4" primary tubes and 3.0" collectors. I do have a set of both. I measured the ones that I have from the late 1990's and the primaries are a little under 1 5/8" and the collectors are 2.5".

The originals took me less then 2 hours to install on my first D/Dart (The *****). Yesterday, I started reinstalling the late 1990's set of Doug's headers on my D/Dart, Dana's old car. I had to go to a 10 1/2" clutch setup due to the installation of a Mopar Performance 360-380 HP crate engine. I know it'll take more then 2 hours to install them.

That's right, but the later ones were still closely patterned after them. I had some on my 65 Valiant with a 360 about 1998-1999. They fit great and were easy to install.

RRR - can you lift the engine up 3 inches on the driver side if you have all of the clutch linkage hooked up? The D/Dart has a Mopar Performance 360-380 HP engine with a 10 1/2 inch clutch setup in it.
Alan

-
Back