Headers and Tri-Power Ignition System

-

OneWord

Reaction score
I have a 70 Duster 225 that I would like to put headers on but it's my first Mopar and I am having trouble finding good headers that are CA legal.

I was also wondering which electric ignition system would be best for it or would I be able to get my hands on a Tri-Power Ignition System for the 225??

I have never seen a Tri Power intake for the /6, but, that doesn't mean they were not ever made. The /6 guys would know best on that one. Legal headers is a oxymoron. I do not think headers are legal in any sense. IF the law allow's you to modify your car after a certain age or before a certain year.... I am not up on Cali. law. Here in New York, it is often overlooked since the car is a "Hot Rod" and just being enjoyed for the season. A ticket you'll get if your doing something really wrong, like drag racing the street or if the cop is being a jerk.

As far as ignition goes, a MoPar style box choice for me would be the Chrome box. Otherwise, the stock distributor and a MSD or equal is about the best your going to do for a street ride. I like it better than the OE style ignition boxes.

You'll get better mileage and easier start up's with the MSD or equal.

There actually are a few choices to ignition, the one's above, are my fav.

-
Back