headers before or after engine placement

-

PURPLECUDA340

Reaction score
1971 plymouth duster 340, placing rebuilt engine into engine bay,,,Do I put the headers on the engine prior to placing into car,or after engine is installed ?

During, as in while it's slipping into the bay and mounts, if you are installing from the top. It easier to do if the trans is no connected to the engine.

What headers and transmission do you have so folks and speak to your specific set up?

I hang the headers on the aprons,and drop the engine down. As the engine slowly works its way home, and the engine-tilter keeps bringing the tail up, I keep an eye on the headers.The last few inches is always busy, and it helps to have a couple of buddies around especially if you're concerned about your paint. This is not the time to be drinkin
So, like dano said....during

No, no do it after the engine is in so we can find out how many cuss words you know.:D

also during...

No, no do it after the engine is in so we can find out how many cuss words you know.

That is funny though...

Option C: Assemble the engine on the K member while out of the car, and install from below...

-
Back