headers coolant leak

-

71RALLYEDART

Reaction score
I know that the front and rear header bolts go into water jackets. But should I be getting coolant out of the other header bolts also?

I know that the front and rear header bolts go into water jackets. But should I be getting coolant out of the other header bolts also?

no. the other bolt holes are blind. i can't imagine what you have going on if you are truly getting coolant out of the other bolts. i'd make sure you put some gasket maker or silicon on the 4 corner bolts, and that they were 100% not leaking.

Big block or small block? Big blocks have several if not all that go into the jacket. I always put the high heat silicone on the threads.

Big block or small block? Big blocks have several if not all that go into the jacket. I always put the high heat silicone on the threads.

the thread is in the SB category...so one can only assume lol

If header bolts that aren't on the corners have coolant on them then it's coming from somewhere else. Like has been said, definitely check out the four corners for leaking. You could also wipe everything clean and keep an eye on it to see what gets wet again, that might help you trace your leak.

the thread is in the SB category...so one can only assume lol

True but I try not to discriminate just incase we have a low information voter. :D It could be that someone had to drill out a broken bolt and went too far...

-
Back