Headers for Aftermarket Heads

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions on headers for W2, W5 and W7 heads

Are headers for W2 and W5 the same? An old Mopar Performance catelog I have made no reference to the W5 headers. The TTI site lists different part numbers.

What about the W7 to W9 heads. Can you buy headers for these in an A body or do they need to be made custom?

Thanks

Thanks. Yes I saw they had both. Back in the 90's they did not seem to list a different header for W5. My old MP catelog only lists W2 headers yet both the W2 and W5 heads were being sold.

I was hoping to pair a set of W2 headers to a set of W5 heads and was wondering if others had done this with success or is the W5 port raised too much.

i think there may be for a good reason that TTI lists diferent headers for W2 and W5.. but sometimes you just dont know if you dont try:) but they have headers for both..
stock heads then there is plenty of options.
W7-8-9 well i think you have to help yourself on those, i have never seen any headers for those in a box so to speak

w5 exhaust ports are a little higher then w2 ports.....there fore w2 headers on w5 heads could cause header tubes to hit suspension

Thanks for the reply's. Anyone ever put the W7 to W9 series heads into an a-body? What did you do for headers?

-
Back