Headers for brodix B1BA heads

-

jaye73

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what header can be ran on a brodix head in a 1973 Duster. 422ci stroker Thanks guys!!!!

Standard port or offset? Offset will need W2 style headers where as standard port you can run any SB header that works with stock ports. B1BA's can be set up both ways.

Welcome to FABO!

They are a raised port. I have herd of a few headers being used like the Tti and the hedmen. I really like the Tti headers for the ground clearance but have herd that you have to remove the header to change the #7 spark plug. Whats your take?

Don't know much about the B1BA's If they are drilled for W2 style exhaust flanges you are kind of limited in selection. Only thing I can say is you are going to want an 1 7/8 header with what it sounds like you are building. Maybe even a 2 incher if you much over 550 HP.

All the B1BA heads have stock exhaust port location the only thing differant is the valve center line is moved to accomidate a larger valve. Now some of the bare casting are shiped with the header flange bolt hole deleted so you have a wider range of header options.

Yea i was thinking 1-7/8 the motor on the dyno made just under 700hp. I really like TTi step header and clearance but TTi can't even tell me if they will work

I have heard that those heads say they except stock equipment but headers unless custom don't fit right. Not sure if it's true but that's what i heard.

All the B1BA heads have stock exhaust port location the only thing differant is the valve center line is moved to accomidate a larger valve. Now some of the bare casting are shiped with the header flange bolt hole deleted so you have a wider range of header options.

TTI's should work then. I would not run them though with the HP you are at you need 1 7/8 minimum or a 2 inch primary would be better. TTI makes an 1 7/8 header. I don't remember if they are for stock port or W2 flanges though or if they fit as well as the steped ones do.

With what you got going on I would look in to a set of custom made headers.

Attachments

• 100_0906.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Har at sand drags.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 198
Thanks for your input, I think with all thats been said i think my best option would be to just go with a custom set. Happy holiday's!!

Thats the way to go. They cost more but they are nice and they can make them fit your car. Thats what my dad has on his LS-7 powered sand car in the pics above. A good builder will know what size tubes to use and if it should be a step design or not.

-
Back