Headers for RB in A body

-
Bob, do you have a picture of the limiter?
-------------------------------
no, it`s a heim joint adjustable 1/2" rod , that I welded a piece of metal on the end that bolts to the block, it bolts to an ear on the block underneath the headers , the heim end bolts to the top of frame ahead of my short, front reinforcing bars . My " for big block only" avatar has a pic of the engine bay. don`t know if you can blow it up, don`t think u can see the limiter, it`s too far down , or low. I`m not good w/ computers, so I wont try to post any pics. don`t even know how I got the avatar pics posted ! LOL must be a plumber in the above pics, anyone notice the water crossovers?

Nice Bob. I have always been a b-body and E body Guy. This is my first a body. I heard everything is very tight that is why I did mine like yours. My ride will be: 68 cuda Hemi Denny coilover front end. I will be using a motor plate. My motor is a588" 960 horsepower 860 foot pound of torque.....View attachment 1715005067
think you gonna need some serious tires on that puppy !!!

Nice Bob. I have always been a b-body and E body Guy. This is my first a body. I heard everything is very tight that is why I did mine like yours. My ride will be: 68 cuda Hemi Denny coilover front end. I will be using a motor plate. My motor is a588" 960 horsepower 860 foot pound of torque.....View attachment 1715005067

My god that car is beautiful.

stock starter fit fine, no problems with steering box (manual), not sure about power box.
I don't have a full picture of it but here are some mock up

View attachment 1715004059

View attachment 1715004060
Brian6pac, if I could make a suggestion from experience please? You're gonna want to get a longer external oil hose. And use 45 degree fitting off the pump. Loop it upwards then back down to your pan 90 turned almost straight in the air. If you using a motor plate it looks like it will fit easy. What happens is your pump will lose its prime overnight with it pointing downwards. Which leads to either dry start or cranking the hell out of to get oil pressure before you start it. (Hard on starters) Just a suggestion. Sorry to hijack

This car will not have any steering box, drag link or torsion bars to deal with.
The HDK is a coil-over conversion with a rack & Pinion.

Brian6pac, if I could make a suggestion from experience please? You're gonna want to get a longer external oil hose. And use 45 degree fitting off the pump. Loop it upwards then back down to your pan 90 turned almost straight in the air. If you using a motor plate it looks like it will fit easy. What happens is your pump will lose its prime overnight with it pointing downwards. Which leads to either dry start or cranking the hell out of to get oil pressure before you start it. (Hard on starters) Just a suggestion. Sorry to hijack

Dana, that wasn't the final line but the one I made is with a couple 90's but I will say that it picks up oil just fine, the first time it sucked up the oil in seconds with no problem, it belongs to a friend of mine and the way its going in is a slightly modified k-member 67 barracuda with motor mounts, and he knows to keep a eye on the line. It also sat for 6 weeks when he came to pick it up we fired it up and had 70 psi instantly.

That's great. I wonder if that new Milo Don cover has some kid of anti drain back. If not some one should make one.

Yes, if you still run T-bars they have to come out for the install and then re-install.
just reread this: that car is far out ! raised port heads are gonna be a tight fit for sure, cant imagine mine w/ torsion bars either, don`t think my stuff would work w/ them . you gonna need some big tires !!!!!!!!!

I USED A 45 GOING DOWN, AND HAVE THE SHORTEST HOSE I COULD MAKE, NO PROBLEMS W/ DRY START, PICKS UP OIL BEFORE IT FIRES UP. scratch caplock !

Man that 588 should be a killer on the street, this 500 in is going in a 67 notchback
hear is a couple pics of the finished oil line, has quit a bend and has Russell spring lines inside. Clears the motor mount and the cover moves the filter up over 1" from the k-member.
001.JPG
002.JPG

-
Back