Headers for the Duster

-

Mopar_Chick

Reaction score
Recently I have been thinking about putting headers on the duster. I have a feeling that it is a pretty tight squeez though. I can't figure out how with the steering box and without having to cut anything how I could get some headers to tuck in there next to the 318....I am not sure what kind of headers to run brand nor finish so please if you have any ideas/suggestions or which headers to use, let me know! I currently have dual 2 1/2 inch flowmaster exhaust on it now with manifolds. I am not in a big rush nor have a whole lot of cash but if its what I want it will work itself out!

Thanks and I look forward to your insight!

Good fitting A body full length headers are not cheap. Painted Dougs are around 400, coated $530ish. tti are even more and start unpainted around $600 and 660+ for coated IIRC.

Those are the only brands two that don't hang low other than the shorty block huggers.

The lower priced(if you could call them that) TTI'S are nickle plated.. fit and finish is excellent,i've bought them for 2 different dusters and wouldn't hesitate to buy them again...and they still look great after 4 seasons...

I will be removing my TTI'S soon....I have found a set of date coded manifolds and will be installing them .... don't know if I'll hang on to the headers or not...they are in excellent condition and do fit like a glove.....Dave

Check out TTI Exhaust's Website at:
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-TTI340ABE/SBheaders.htm
Take note of all of the "Footnotes" for your application. Also consider the extra heat from the headers on any components that the headers may come close to such as the starter, spark plugs, oil filter, etc. While TTI headers are expensive, I've read threads that say they are worth it as they actually fit and perform well.

Good Luck,

You'd be (Almost) crazy not to save for the tti's or Dougs.

I agree TTIs are the best fitting. If money is an issue, I have used Dynomax $109 ones and they fit without one ding. They didn't hang as low as my Moroso oil pan so the oil pan took all the bottoming out. They do hang low, but a good set of front shocks do minimize clearance issues. I thought I would just throw it out there.

Hey thanks guys! I will def check into those TTI's and thanks dmoore! let me know on the status of those I would possibly be interested!

I am restoring a 74 Duster at present and installed a set of Headmans Hearders from SUmmit. They fit, but were tight. I have to jack the engine out of the front mounts to get them it place. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• dust22.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 302
  • dust23.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 308
I had hooker comps on the car
almost torn off left side
now i put ttis with no problem
just deciding if i should put the x pipe back in
any boby have any thoughts on that?

-
Back