headers on a power steering car

-

canner78

canner78
Reaction score
has anyone put headers on a power steering dart sport. do you have to convert it over to manual steering. i ordered the headers and found out after they showed up that they don`t fit on power steering cars. please help.

Some headers that fit power steering are the Hooker Comps and Hedman Street headers. These can be bought for less than $175. And then the best and most expensive are the tti brand headers.
Bob

I have Hedman Headers on my 68 Barracuda. I originally had manual stearing and switched over to power last winter. Either case the Hedmans fit just fine. Certainly less clearance and a more difficult install but if you remove the column and unbolt the steering box it's not a difficult install.

I have the hooker comps on mine. Everything fits - just barely.

The Hooker Super Comp 1-3/4" tube headers will NOT fit with PC or a sway bar. What headers did you buy?

Sorry Ace....not you I meant canner78 on what kinda of headers did he buy.

i just bought cheapy ebay headers. no brand was listed. i will have to wait till they get here to find out

Most of the 1-5/8 tube headers will fit the PS cars.....so I have seen anyway. From my experience the cheaper the headers the more you will need a hammer to get them to fit.

I Have A 1974 Dodge Dart Sport, With A 318, We Installed A Set Of Flow Tech Headers, And My Lord Iam Only Going To Speak For Myself. That Was Like Living One Of My Worst Nightmares. Headers On A Bodys Is Worth It, But Want A Pain To Install .there Great But The Driver Side Hangs Low. Later

i've had headman and hooker headers on a power steering dart. tight but they fit. what kind did you buy?

I Forget To Mention That Its A Power Steering Car, And The Headers Are In There Very Very Tight

-
Back