Headers or Intake first?

-
@ramcharger good to see you back, it's been a while! I also agree, headers first. And regarding coatings I've been running raw Hedman shorties for about 9 years on my Duster, I did paint them a few years back but they were still in great shape, very minimal surface rust (I've been living in CO since 2006). Probably different case if you'll be driving a lot in winter with the mag chloride on the roads, raw longtubes on my truck are getting a bit rusty on the bottom but still in great shape after a year and a half (and I drive that in all weather, just not that often because 10 MPG lmao).

Intake for me! TM-6!

I still run Cast Iron Exhaust and full pipes. This got me to the mid 7's on the 1/8!

Gearing, carb, Intake and Cam! JMO!

@ramcharger good to see you back, it's been a while! I also agree, headers first. And regarding coatings I've been running raw Hedman shorties for about 9 years on my Duster, I did paint them a few years back but they were still in great shape, very minimal surface rust (I've been living in CO since 2006). Probably different case if you'll be driving a lot in winter with the mag chloride on the roads, raw longtubes on my truck are getting a bit rusty on the bottom but still in great shape after a year and a half (and I drive that in all weather, just not that often because 10 MPG lmao).

Mopar@D, Thanks Brother! the Duster will never be driven in the winter unless it's a dire emergency. I've got my XJ and WJ's to handle that stuff. ;)

-
Back