-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wedgie

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a set of Spitfire headers that a fellow early A body racer is interested in. He offered $300.00. I went through a lot to get these things and I really don't know how to price them. Don't want to take him to the cleaners, but I don't want to short change myself either. The headers that I now have on my early A are three times that amount. What is a fair price?

Condition, replacement cost, availability, and any coatings all play factors. Are they used? are they dinged up? Rusty? Almost perfect?

I, personally, wouldn't pay $300 for a used set of headers.

if you have a pre 67 a body there are not a lot of choices for headers for a decent price,that should also be considered.

I had a set 4-5 years ago. I sold for $150.00. they were used. I bought them new from the guy that was so hard to get them from, and I don't think I paid more than $300.00, but if you can't find them anymore they may be worth more than what I sold them for. I would never classify those headers as a quality header like TTI. You pay more for TTI because they are a tuned header and there made alot better.

Rather than charging a fellow racer too much, I think that I am just going to use them on my test stand. Thanks for the input.

It looks like the consesus is about $150.00 value.

well in my opinion if the guy offered $300 then thats what they are worth. hell 90% of the guys tell everyone that somethings only worth what someone is willing to pay. well he is willing to pay $300 so that must be a fair price for them. especially since they are so hard to find. i have an unused set here, if/when i decided to sell them they will not leave here for under $300.

It looks like the consesus is about $150.00 value.

so those guys wouldn't sell them for $300 if someone offered $300 for them? its not like you put that price on them. the potential buyer did, so sell them for $300 and buy something for your project. thats how this hobby works man.

I agree, If he offered you $300.00. sell them. I was just letting you know what I value them at. They are getting harder to find as well. For the 65-66 Valiant and barracuda's. I suppose there like finding the Holy Grail.

if he offered $300 and that's good enough for you, well you know the old saying "fair exchange is no robbery".

...........Yup, if he offered that he is certainlly willing to pay it, as he knows he needs/wants them.............if i need the part i offer what i think its worth.........sometimes i get it 4 that, then sometimes we haggle over it.........kim........

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back