Headers vs 340 manifolds

-
Headers are the better choice in most cases , have the TTI headers on my challenger an love them , but on the duster I am building now I am thinking manifolds as its a weekend cruiser plus a little more pricey these days and I don't see spending the extra on headers as its not a racer and less space on an a-body under hood

Here it is same motor timming adjusted carb jetted yada yada 10 hp in the same setup before mods
but the timming and carb were not tuned in the prior video= fail
10 hp for 900 dollar tti 90 dollars per hp and you need a mini starter and cross shaft mod
stock motor you get headers for the sound and look

Here it is same motor timming adjusted carb jetted yada yada 10 hp in the same setup before mods
10 hp for 900 dollar tti 90 dollars per hp and you need a mini starter and cross shaft mod

Good thing about headers is the gain is everywhere.

yes 10 hp from 2000 to 5000k
its not 30hp or 10%
Cam is stock and has very little overlap for the headers to work with, is it worth it in this applications depends on the individual, for me I would be adding a cam forsure if installing headers.

Cam is stock and has very little overlap for the headers to work with, is it worth it in this applications depends on the individual, for me I would be adding a cam forsure if installing headers.
i said that 3 pages ago

And you assume that the cam timing was favorable to headers. And for the record, TTI headers aren’t the best for making power.

It needs to be considered that cam timing plays a part in header function. The OEM’s spend MILLIONS and dollars to make sure that the manifold work with the cam timing to get the most out of the manifolds.

You can claim headers aren’t worth the investment but I’ve done it too long to know this is wrong.

And you assume that the cam timing was favorable to headers. And for the record, TTI headers aren’t the best for making power.

It needs to be considered that cam timing plays a part in header function. The OEM’s spend MILLIONS and dollars to make sure that the manifold work with the cam timing to get the most out of the manifolds.

You can claim headers aren’t worth the investment but I’ve done it too long to know this is wrong.
fail
it was about the engine in question as setup in the video
legend in your own mind
carry on

Nowhere in this thread did the OP mention the build, so any conclusions drawn about whether the headers are a benefit to his deal are moot.

Nowhere in this thread did the OP mention the build, so any conclusions drawn about whether the headers are a benefit to his deal are moot.
the video posted showed 10 hp gain on that mild engine thats it
others posted 10% gain or 30 hp for headers not on that pos motor in the video
thats all that has been said except you can run 10s with manifolds
then it was said it only made 10 hp in the 1st vid because of no tunning
the 2nd vid i posted is the same motor tunned and jetted 10hp is what it made guess tunning didnt matter ( oh wait he doest know how to tune ) smh its not hard
but now the know it all says cam timming is the reason
always a but this jetting but that timming but this small cam no overlap etc
a stock 300 hp pos gets 10hp thats all that has been said not 30hp
your own post#75 you said 4 to 5% on 300
they got 10hp on 291 tuned thats less then 4%
stock motor you buy headers for looks and sound 9 hp for 900 bucks is a joke imo better off with a 2 1/2 exhaust
plenty of cars running 11s and 12s with manifolds you are not going to be running 15s because you didnt buy headers
he can choose his own poison

the but this has not been done or that hasnt been done gets old
everything is combo dependent

the 2nd vid i posted is the same motor tunned and jetted 10hp is what it made guess tunning didnt matter ( oh wait he doest know how to tune ) smh its not hard
stock motor you buy headers for looks and sound 9 hp for 900 bucks is a joke imo better off with a 2 1/2 exhaust
plenty

of cars running 11s and 12s with manifolds you are not going to be running 15s because you didnt buy headers

LOL. Reading your poorly punctuated and horrible written posts says volumes about what you think you know.

Go learn something. If you think cam timing doesnt affect header function you shouldn’t be posting in a forum about headers.

Get over yourself. And go back to school and get some grammar help. It’s pathetic.

Mopar action did a before and after test on extrude hone 340 manifolds, 5 hp. Not worth the money, but I can’t remember the rest of the engine build.
Factory Appearance Stock Tires car drivers would be all over 5 hp from an extrude hone

LOL. Reading your poorly punctuated and horrible written posts says volumes about what you think you know.

Go learn something. If you think cam timing doesnt affect header function you shouldn’t be posting in a forum about headers.

Get over yourself. And go back to school and get some grammar help. It’s pathetic.
skippy
its not about cam timming of couse it matters learn to comprehend
its about the motor as its run in video stock cam 9 flipping hp over 340 manifolds not even 10 lol
you are a lost cause

plenty of cars running 11s and 12s with manifolds you are not going to be running 15s because you didnt buy headers

You don't get that very crisp distinct header sound as much with manifolds, especially if you wrap the headers

skippy
its not about cam timming of couse it matters learn to comprehend
its about the motor as its run in video stock cam 9 flipping hp over 340 manifolds not even 10 lol
you are a lost cause

Yeah, another post with zero punctuation.

At any rate, it DOES matter when it comes to header function and cam timing.

I could type it all out but you are unteachable.

Believe what you want but you don’t know what you don’t know and aren’t willing to learn.

Flush…

Yeah, another post with zero punctuation.

At any rate, it DOES matter when it comes to header function and cam timing.

I could type it all out but you are unteachable.

Believe what you want but you don’t know what you don’t know and aren’t willing to learn.

Flush…
zero comprehension you have imagine that
See if you can grasp it this time ready?
its about the engine as its built 9 hp lol
your super secret skills will get and extra 50 hp out of that setup as it sits fail
what a joke
dont you have some top fuel engines to build? or just sit on the pc and play hero day after day
your time is worth so $$$ how do you do it

It's all about personal choice. My favorite saying to address anything car related.

Pick your parts, pay your money.

What others think of a decision/choice means nothing in what someone desires to do with their car.

zero comprehension you have imagine that
See if you can grasp it this time ready?
its about the engine as its built 9 hp lol
your super secret skills will get and extra 50 hp out of that setup as it sits fail
what a joke
dont you have some top fuel engines to build? or just sit on the pc and play hero day after day
your time is worth so $$$ how do you do it

⏳ ⏲ ⏱ ✈️❄️

There, I wrote my response on the level you write yours. You can decipher it and see what I wrote.

Until then, I have more guys to help that have been given bad advice by know nothing, over sensitive types like you.

Work on my above message. It fits you to a T.

Is it not the sum of all parts working together?
I would guess that if you bolted a airgap intake on and run it with your 73 340 manifolds you wouldn't get anywhere close to the full potential of that intake.

So my thought is your headers, cam, and intake work together to make more power. Not just one part.

This is just stupid. It's been proven time and again on dynos and dragstrips and the street that headers stomp manifolds all to pieces. Saying stupid crap like "if the engine's not tuned for headers......" is just dumbfuckery in the name of arguing. The FACT is that headers will kick manifold's asses every single time, because anybody in their right mind will TUNE FOR the headers. Anybody that wouldn't is just a dipshit.

Is it not the sum of all parts working together?
I would guess that if you bolted a airgap intake on and run it with your 73 340 manifolds you wouldn't get anywhere close to the full potential of that intake.

So my thought is your headers, cam, and intake work together to make more power. Not just one part.
Correct. And you must TUNE for that given combo or it's all for naught.

-
Back