headers vs manifolds on a 318 2bbl difference ????

-
And... it goes the other way too ... big horsepower on the dyno and a snail ET slip with low MPH.

That is likely because they where looking for that big high RPM peak HP number and neglected understand how much they totally destroyed the lower end to get that big peak number.... the goal is maximizing the total area under the curve and keep torque down low not to get a big high RPM HP number.

That is likely because they where looking for that big high RPM peak HP number and neglected understand how much they totally destroyed the lower end to get that big peak number.... the goal is maximizing the total area under the curve and keep torque down low not to get a big high RPM HP number.
Gear and convertor is likely a factor.

For a street engine with maximum torque available, you’re looking at a cam at 230@050 or less for a super strong torque curve in as low of a rpm as possible. Run as much compression as it is reasonably good for pump gas & add head collector extensions for added torque. Then it’s converter and gear ratio/tire size.

Not true. If the engine is, let’s say a stock 340 or 360, the dyno can hold the engine and allow the brake at a very low rpm. I have not yet personally seen it under a 2K start point.
Didn't say you couldn't test low rpms.

For a street engine with maximum torque available, you’re looking at a cam at 230@050 or less for a super strong torque curve in as low of a rpm as possible. Run as much compression as it is reasonably good for pump gas & add head collector extensions for added torque. Then it’s converter and gear ratio/tire size.
That would make for a nice drivable street combo.

Didn't say you couldn't test low rpms.
Seems like you just about said exactly that you can’t. Read below.

273 said:
so they favor top end.
This by itself is false and leads one to reading between the lines, believing, seeing it in a way not intended, assumption….

That’s the way I read it and that also means someone else could as well. I see your statement as false, leading and fully incorrect.

Now if you want to ruin the thread as you always do with a continued argument and twisting of words trying to flip the issue and blame on me as normal, good luck, take a hike, don’t ruin yet another thread of me correcting the high bell out of you, yet again.

I prefer to have my engine torque in the 3000 and above RPM range

That would make for a nice drivable street combo.

Thanks. It’s a proven kind of combo dispite what others claim is not doable. Which amazes me. But! It’s the internet and even though YOU sat in the dyno room testing your engine a dozen plus times, there’s always some asshole telling you your wrong and there’s no way the engine can do that.

I built my wife’s Barracudas roller 360 with this basic idea of a combo. 11-1 & a short duration roller cam with some decent lift. While it’s not a 1/4 mile screamer with 3.55’s, it’s easy to swap gears on the 8-3/4.

As it is, the top end just keeps on going and going and going.

EVERY 1970-1979 350 Camaro on the street from 1985 to 1995 had 400 horse. I know this, because they told me....
Only 400? They were pushing 5-600 in Boise and Spokane in the 80's. lol
Have you ever heard of a radiator that adds a 100. lol

Seems like you just about said exactly that you can’t. Read below.
I couldn't figure out how to PM ya

Plus dyno pulls only works well over a fairly narrow rpms so they favor top end.
What I meant is from what I understand a dyno is most accurate over a pull of 3000 to 4000 rpms or so and is easiest to set up for. So generally our engines work from idle to peak+ hp rpm somewhere into 4500-6500+ rpms so they tend to dyno the top 3000-4000 or so rpms or "favour the top end".

If thats wrong fair enough.

I couldn't figure out how to PM ya

What I meant is from what I understand a dyno is most accurate over a pull of 3000 to 4000 rpms and easiest to setup for. So generally our engines work from idle to peak+ hp rpm somewhere into 4500-6500+ rpms so they tend to dyno the top 3000-4000 or so rpms or "favour the top end".

If thats wrong fair enough.
So you do want to muck up the thread! You’re a real piece of work.
You got busted and that’s the end of it.
Anything else you’d just trying to cover up your lie and/or lack of knowledge and flip blame.

Just simply STFU & go away.

It’s amazing how much of an *** you are.

So you do want to muck up the thread! You’re a real piece of work.
You got busted and that’s the end of it.
Anything else you’d just trying to cover up your lie and/or lack of knowledge and flip blame.

Just simply STFU & go away.

It’s amazing how much of an *** you are.
Are you a drinker?

Negative!!!!

Not on any meds.

You should be!

No be a good moron and leave me and this thread alone to continue properly instead of a continuation of your idiocy.

Seriously!

Negative!!!!

Not on any meds.

You should be!

No be a good moron and leave me and this thread alone to continue properly instead of a continuation of your idiocy.

Seriously!
So you just randomly go insane lol

Nothing I said should make go this offside already :)

I'm sorry 318willrun for my unruly behaviour and the destruction of your thread a thousand pardons.

That's one line that has always pissed me off. That's a needless poke.
He proves himself the like over and over while I just call the shot.
The world hates when I use bad words and curse. All well.

I gotta walk away from this thread before the idiot says more dumb ****. I’m done, on ignore….

-
Back