Headers

-

65cuda360

Reaction score
Anyone ever run Hooker #5116 on an early A? I'm concerned with ground clearance.

my motor is almost ready at the machine shop ,now I have been searching for any new news on headers for an early A body ,some say no power steering ,tti said yes, every 1 I have seen says 904 transmissions, no 727( 833 manual yes)I am looking for floor shift , automatic ,no cutting fenderwell ,no cutting frames ,no cutting flanges does anbody out there make these yet in production ?? or for you guys that have headers ,can we see some top and bottom pictures and where you got them ?
what trannies , what gears and 65cuda360"s Q street clearance ???

5116's fit with a 727 in a 68 a body so theres NO reason they wouldn't
fit unless you start moving tubes. As far as clearance, its garbage in the frame its meant for so.......

I wouldbe interested in seeing those installed on an early A too. With the fenderwells being approx 2" narrower on the pre 67 A bodies I'm wondering if their application isn't listed wrong......

I emailed jegs and the tech emailed back that the hooker master catalog stated that they would fit in a 65 barracuda. I'm wondering how poorly they fit and how low they hang down. My driveway is 1/2 mile rutted gravel.

Not thrilled with beating on new headers or buying a $75 ujoint. Still might be the lesser of the evils.

With all the header clearance issues I hear all the time makes me want to move my engine to the back of the car like the hemi under glass barracuda instead be it a 273 maybe a decent set of headers may fit..probably pull the front wheels up with a break torque if I get the engine back as far as I can.

I emailed jegs and the tech emailed back that the hooker master catalog stated that they would fit in a 65 barracuda. I'm wondering how poorly they fit and how low they hang down. My driveway is 1/2 mile rutted gravel.

Ya, the tech who drove from his college classes in his Honda who is hired to look up info from supplier's master catalogs......
I would almost bet Hooker has an application error and those only fit 67 and newer. I'd love to have someone prove otherwise but right now my guess is they will not fit at all.:burnout:

-
Back