Headlight pots/Bezels..Not fitting?

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
My 67 Dart has a problem. I dry fitted my Headlight bezels and grill and all was fine. Im trying to instal my pots and lamps to find that they fit to low. I now cant get the bezels in at the bottom. Im puzzled. I know alot of my stuff is mixed with 73 Dart items. Are the pots and lamps the same as a 67 to 73? Need guidance thanks.

Take some pics and let us know. I've got a box of bezels and trim rings and there are a few different sets.

Riddler

If you can be more specific, I can take pics for you. Is the problem on both sides?

I got the bezels in but they are real tight on the bottom. Im thinking its because of my f/glass fenders????????Nothing now is lining up.They fit but all my grill attachments are off.

Hey Edd the 67 buckets were different from the other years. My FG fenders are 68 fenders, and the bezels do not fit perfect on the car, that is one of the reasons I am hunting for 67 fenders myself.

Mark

I see........Are they tight ...The lamps are the same size i take it.Everything fits ok until i put the bezels on. Today aint a good day. I puttered to do a few 15 minute jobs on the Dart and actually never got anything done after 3 hours. I dont know anymore.......Maybe i should have looked for one finished........Bumed out.:sad5:

I see........Are they tight ...The lamps are the same size i take it.Everything fits ok until i put the bezels on. Today aint a good day. I puttered to do a few 15 minute jobs on the Dart and actually never got anything done after 3 hours. I dont know anymore.......Maybe i should have looked for one finished........Bumed out.:sad5:

They are tight, but the screw holes do not line up, and they do not fit evenly to the grill. Also I had to play with the headlights a bit, so that they looked balanced in the holes. From a distance you would not notice a thing, close up it bugs the hell out of me, but no one would notice.

Thanks man.........I appreciate what you said.Im a person who likes things to look right.My grill is off buy a 1/4 inch or so to attach it the the center bar/ hood latch. Ive played with it i dont know how many times. If i attach it were the holes are its out of alignment. I can adjust the bezels then i have a gap between the grill and bezels...and a gap between the hood and fenders..........I just dont know what to do. You cant find 67 dart..metal fenders anywere.

What a shame,like I said befor all you had to do was get 68 or 69 fenders deal with the marker light and get some 67 head light buckets drill out the spot welds from the old ones out and weld in the 67 ones. DONE.So easy.I bought a 72 dart fender drilled out the dam bucket from the 72 then drilled out the 69 and welded it in my 72 fender marker light was wrong but everything lined up perfect.

-
Back