Headlight switch connector

-

71Duster

Reaction score
I have a damaged pin on mine, I know I can repair the single pin if need b, but I would like to replace the entire connector/pigtail. Does anyone make this or know where I might find a decent one?

You would need to splice every wire somewhere since its integrated in the main harness. Replacing the one burned terminal and the switch may be a better plan. I'd clean the connecters at bulbs, dimmer switch, and grounds while at it.
I've seen that harness connecter melted so bad it had to be cut away from the switch (more often on Fords).
If you're running headlights other than stock you may need to add relays to protect the switch and the wiring.

There just stock replacement lights, what happened is I had a windshield leak which is now fixed but the connector got water on it and rusted, I cleaned the terminal on the switch up no problem but the one on the connector i rough, it still works though.

I'd like to get a connector and pig til and swap over all my good terminals and splice out the bad one. If I have to I might drill out the damaged pin and put a wire with a spade connector through it but it would be a pain to plug it in.

-
Back