Headlight Switch Ground?

-

domdart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm putting a new headlight switch in my 68 Dart 270. The dash lights would only blink on while wiggling the switch. The switch has a 1/4" male connector on the back of it. Nothing was hooked up to it on my old switch. Should it have a ground connected there? Here are some pics of the old switch.

Attachments

• IMG_1115.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1116.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 162
Yes. Some clusters and switches will require grounding even if not originally equipped.

The ground only does one thing....makes sure the switch is grounded for the dome light switch.

I has nothing to do with park / tail, dash lights, or headlights

I put in the new switch and the dash lights still don't work. When i wiggled the old switch the lights would blink on and off, so I thought I just needed a new one. Why would the dash lights blink when I wiggled the switch, if it wasn't a faulty switch?

I put in the new switch and the dash lights still don't work. When i wiggled the old switch the lights would blink on and off, so I thought I just needed a new one. Why would the dash lights blink when I wiggled the switch, if it wasn't a faulty switch?

Bad switch, bad connections in the HL switch connector, check the tail fuse and the INST fuse

-
Back