Headlights and wipers

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
How would I go about Changing my headlights and wiper to toggle switch's

Headlights on a 2 way toggle switch but what about gauge lights
Wipers on a 3 way toggle switch.

It'd be a major pain in the butt, since wipers are multilpe speed.
Then there's park lights, headlights and dimmer all involved in the headlight circuit.

It'd be a major pain in the butt, since wipers are multilpe speed.
Then there's park lights, headlights and dimmer all involved in the headlight circuit.

as far as head lights all I need is headlight and parking lights on at same time like normal. And I have 2 speed wipers that's why it would need to be a 3 position toggle switch.

Mopar wiper motors are a PITA. Start here

http://www.passion4mopars.com/

Some of it is in the various service manuals. The park circuits are different in the various manuals. Part of the circuit is in the switch TO GROUND. If you could get by with only one speed or without park, you could probably pull it off.

Probably a better way would be to build a mechanical linkage to make the original switch "look" more toggle, like a battery disconnect knob, or even hide the switch and make a mechanical toggle linkage hooked to the original switch. Yes this would be a LOT of work.

Almost all toggle switches I know of are "off" at some point, if 3 position, I know of no way to do that.

Head is fairly simple. You use a six terminal center off switch, called a "DPDT" center off. You wire the outer two together on one side and us one side for park tail. So say, center is off, down is park / tail, and up is head / park/ tail. Use it to feed the dimmer and trigger relays for hi / low beam

-
Back