headliner help

-

dusterfanatic

The 340 Hammer
Reaction score
hey i just installed my headliner i haven't cut the excess matirial off yet and i did not put any headliner insalation stuff in dose that matter and i have alot of wrinkles i tryed the kettle and it didn't do much is there anything else i can do

thanks

I just had mine done professionally, and it still has a lot of wrinkles, at least more than I would like to see. My interior guy assured me that a couple of days in the sun with the windows rolled up and they would be gone. We'll see what happens this summer!

When I installed mine I used a hair dryer, that took care of all the wrinkles.
It takes time, and watch your heat.

I used the silver back insulation you can get home depot..mice don't like it as much LOL
The wrinkles depend on how tight the fabric is pulled when first installed. If you have done the kettle trick and don't notice any change maybe try and pull the fabic a bit tighter. I have done a few..still say the fabric is easier than the new abs headliners.
AL

did you guys put your roof padding in

I used some Hush Mat (Dynamat) that I had left over from the floorboards. It's been on for over a year without the headliner and showed no signs of letting go, so I had the headliner installed over it.

If it has a lot of wrinkles you need to start over.
Pictures would be useful here. I agree with 1968 S, if you have excessive wrinkles in the headliner, something is not right. You should have everything pulled pretty tightly and very few wrinkles. Start from the rear and work forward. Use small but strong clamps to hold the sides. Get it fairly tight, then work the sides. When it looks good, get the glue out and finish it off. If you use Dynamat or anything like that, some additional spray adhesive will keep it from eventually falling down. Your mock up work should look like finished product. Get the wrinkles out before you glue anything.

-
Back