Headliner insulation?

-
I know it's not "factory correct" but I put a layer of Hush Mat sound deadener under my new headliner. I cleaned the steal real well, and stuck on a good layer. Can't say whether it works work a damn cause the car has been on jack stands for a year and a half!! I figured it couldn't hurt.

100_1953Small.jpg

100_1952Small.jpg

I used Hush Mat in the Demon (roof, floor, package tray, doors, and quarter panels below rear windows). It worked great for reducing noise, rattles, and heat. I know this is true because I drove my Demon before I put in the Hush Mat, carpet and rear seat and it was hot and noisy.

Attachments

• DSCF2399.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCF2400.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCF2401.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 252
Check out the link in my signature to my build thread and you can see what I used.

Worked great!

I used RAAMmat. Aside from gluing fiberglass back in, any quality sound deadener should work. Just need to be confident that heat won't release it to fall down. A "clean" surface would be inportant.

Attachments

• raammat02img.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 243
I used a product called FATMAT. Its similar to Dynamat, a little less expensive and is super sticky. I don't think heat will be an issue.

My looking at replacing the head liner in my 1971 Duster, how difficult is it to replace and what is the procedure. Did a search on replacing head liner but didn't find anything.

Thanks

Thanks for the help EVERYONE!!! Looks like I'll use hush mat or FATMAT and metal tape. The pics were a huge help. I love this site!!!

-
Back