Headliner Question 68 Barracuda Fastback

-

Bluecuda340

Reaction score
I think I know the answer but is there any shortcuts to installing a headliner? Does the glass have to be pulled or is there another method? The car hasn't had a headliner in it since I have owned it(26 years) and I have one for it but I really don't want to pull the glass if it can be avoided.

The car has a roll cage in it but I think the bows will still go in OK, If I do proceed I will probably mock it up before actual install work is done.

IMG_1111.JPG

Last edited:
A rollbar really makes it harder for the upholsterer. Glass doesn't need to come out but would make the job easier. On the sides, it is held in place mainly by glue but small clips help until the moulding is installed.

Thank you for the information.

There is two things I should have done before I got the cage 20 years ago. Fix the quarter window regulators, and install the headliner lol. The quarter window regulators were a real joy with the roll bar.

Do you have the backseat in the car still? Contemplating a cage for my 67 Fastback, already had the rear seat reupholstered so even if it never gets used, would like to have it for show.

I think I know the answer but is there any shortcuts to installing a headliner? Does the glass have to be pulled or is there another method? The car hasn't had a headliner in it since I have owned it(26 years) and I have one for it but I really don't want to pull the glass if it can be avoided.

The car has a roll cage in it but I think the bows will still go in OK, If I do proceed I will probably mock it up before actual install work is done.
car hauls *** , lookin good Clark....
think I`d have it done ...

But I`m old !!

-
Back