Heads for the 318

-
OH, what is the curency called in Brasil? Do you know of a on line exchange rate thing?

Well, the first option... you could make something like that, but if the guys at the customs open the package (yes, they're smart) they could put the price that they want and I would have to pay... If it's a small thing, it works, but a set of heads is too heavy and large, they would certainly open it.

The second option: you can make this way too, but if they want they can put a tax on it too... Actually, they can do what they want. It's very confusing, a real mess. That's why people call Brazil a "banana country".

The currency is the REAL, U$1 is about R$1.65.

WOW! Thats wacked.

OK, so our U.S.dollor is about a 1.65 to your REAL?

Perhaps if there was a - *Cough cough* Birthday card in the box so when customs opens the box...... LOL........

You all need a MoPar... HI performance store/shop/dealer/distribotur in Brasil. Eh, with your description, they wouold tax it twice.

I would think that your original plan with the 318 heads you have would work the best, how are machine shop prices there? do you have any good junk yards where you are? if you do you could try looking for a set of "302" heads part # 4323302 used on 318 engines from about 1985 before the magnum heads came out and build them with 1.60 and 1.88 valves

Here I would spend at least U$1000 for a nice work on my heads. I think these heads need a lot of work to work properly with my cam, with the .528 lift.

I was reading about this modification, and I think the way to get the compression back is to mill the heads 0.060" and get those thin mopar head gaskets that are 0.025".

By my calculations I would get about 9.5/1.

wish the heads I had were in better shape. One of them has a pretty good crack in the runner. Sorry I can't help ya

-
Back