Heads up.....Do not deal with this guy

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
themoparshop.com. His name is Ed Wogulis. He is out of Madera, Ca. He sells on ebay under that name. I just got off the phone with him. I purchased 2 sets of inside door handles for my Valiant. He ships me 1 set on the 9th with a note that the other one was to ship out yesterday. I called him on the phone to ask him why he had 2 sets which I purchased and only shipped one set. He told me that he had someone come in his shop last weekend and bought one of mine and he had to order some more. He told me that he would ship it today. After he said that it would ship yesterday. I told him that it would have been nice to send me a PM telling me this and then he hung up on me. Not the kind of people I want to deal with. So just a heads up. Bill

www.themoparshop.com. His name is Ed Wogulis. He is out of Madera, Ca. He sells on ebay under that name. I just got off the phone with him. I purchased 2 sets of inside door handles for my Valiant. He ships me 1 set on the 9th with a note that the other one was to ship out yesterday. I called him on the phone to ask him why he had 2 sets which I purchased and only shipped one set. He told me that he had someone come in his shop last weekend and bought one of mine and he had to order some more. He told me that he would ship it today. After he said that it would ship yesterday. I told him that it would have been nice to send me a PM telling me this and then he hung up on me. Not the kind of people I want to deal with. So just a heads up. Bill
Thanks for the heads up. Selling your paid for parts to a walk-in is just bullshit.
We need a BAD VENDOR/SELLER list here I think.

Yup,
That's a bad business practice, if he had contacted you first explaining the situation and asking if a delay would be ok would have been better. Assuming the delay is ok and hanging up on you are totally unacceptable. The profit he made on the sale will not even compare to the Lost Revenue this thread will generate. Piss on him and it's proof that any moron can open a business but bad business practices will generally cause them to fail.

I'm dealing with a seller on Ebay myself the purchase was around $15 total but it was not anywhere close to being the correct item as discribed and he's being a real jerk about it what ever happened to making the cuntomer happy

To this day I have never bought a part on eBay or anything from eBay for that matter. I know 90% of the time it's a great resource but I prefer seeing the part in person first or at least dealing on here where I can get a better understanding of who I am dealing with.

Sucks hearing about clowns like this guy.

I got it resolved. I contacted ebay and opened a dispute. he immediately gave me a partial refund. But now I had to order the second set from Classic Industries and I have a package coming from them Thursday, the package tray and insulation I ordered. If He had mentioned this, I could have saved the shipping charges. Not a real big deal but it just pisses me off that he would not at least let me know. so is life I guess.

I live 30 minutes away from Madera if anyone needs me to pay him a visit.

Really? I hope you have never made an error in your lifetime.

The guy said he'd ship the part to you, was he dinging you for another shipping charge? If not, he's eating it for his error. Oh no, it's delayed a week... sheesh. It's an issue when someone has multiple points of sale. Would you be complaining if his inventory system wasn't up to date and he only had one in stock when it showed two? The tolerance level in some of these threads are insanely low.

Should we start a crappy buyer alert as well? I have some doozies over the years!

Cracked, I don't think it is a question of me ever making an error in my lifetime. I have made way more than my share. If you had taken the time to read the post I made, he told me that he sold mine to someone who came in his shop. After I had already paid for them. So I have to wait till he gets more in. I got a problem with that.
Because of all the bullshit that has happened on this site already I just thought it might do someone good to know what kind of practices this "Mopar" guy was pulling. But, I will refrain from posting any more heads up like this.

At least he told you exactly what happened and how he was going to take care of it.

I'd rather be told up front the truth then string me along with the "run-around".

Now does he stick to his word (sounds like he didn't ship when he said he would)? I guess that is how I would measure whether or not I did business with them again.

no dano, he didn't tell me anything and how he was going to handle it. in fact he didn't handle anything. When I called him he still told me it would ship out today. But shortly after I talked to him, he issued a partial refund because he didn't have any parts to ship. He lied to me and tried to stall me. anyway, it is done. I have already got another one on the way. I just hate to be lied to.

No... Id be pissed too. You are completely correct to share this experience... its not about an error the seller made, the seller made no error... he knew trudy had already paid, so his money was in his pocket.... then sold a walk in customer trudys item to fatten his pocket. What if Trudy had a show that weekend and only purchased from him because he had both in stock? Trudy would be **** out of luck because the seller wanted that extra money?? He should have told the walk in customer, sorry im out of stock, i will have some coming in on such and such date... That is being irresponsible and is a horrible way to do business.

No... Id be pissed too. You are completely correct to share this experience... its not about an error the seller made, the seller made no error... he knew trudy had already paid, so his money was in his pocket.... then sold a walk in customer trudys item to fatten his pocket. What if Trudy had a show that weekend and only purchased from him because he had both in stock? Trudy would be **** out of luck because the seller wanted that extra money?? He should have told the walk in customer, sorry im out of stock, i will have some coming in on such and such date... That is being irresponsible and is a horrible way to do business.
Damn straight. He sold a paid-for part that already belonged to the OP via his purchase. In my little world that's known as "stealing". Maybe I'm weird or something, I dunno...#-o

As far as I'm concerned once you paid for it, it's yours. So he sold your item. It's not an inventory error it's BS. Thank you for the warning. I do't think he'd let you slide if you told him "I was the winning bid but I don't want it now"................JMO

Since he sold your part, he doesn't owe you a partial refund. He owes you your asking price.

Weren't they at the CPW Spring Fling? I believe a bought a Bell housing Stater Seal from them.

If they knowingly sold parts to a walk-in that has already been paid for, then that's not cool.

If it was an inventory error, then they should apologize and maybe offer some sort of reasonable "freebie" to ship along with the part once it ships.

Ed is the only reproduction parts guy i will buy from. i think you just like to complain. So you have to wait a week, like it's going to stall your restoration? These types of posts should be about people who steal your money, not someone whining about delayed shipping.

Sometimes, people lack the brain capacity to understand the point.

I know Steve. I buy a lot on ebay. I shop around. I have only been burnt once on ebay. I bought from this guy for a couple of reasons. He was a " Mopar shop" and he had free shipping. I saved $10.95 in shipping on a $39 set of handles. Who wouldn't want to save that kind of money. And I did receive my set of handles in a timely manner. The problem I have with this guy........"gregn96cuda"......... which you don't seem to understand my point is not complaining. I don't think as long as I have been on this site that anyone can say that I like to complain is that he sold my parts that I paid for to a walk in. That tells me he has no consideration to his customers. He is going to make sure he has the sale at any cost. And the fact that he knew when he shipped it that it was one set short and didn't have the courtesy to drop me an email and let me know this is unacceptable to me. If in fact his inventory was off, he should have notified me and gave me the option to either wait for more inventory, or issue a refund at that time for the shortage and let me buy elsewhere. But I had to call him to find out where the other parts were and when I asked him why he didn't contact me and let me know this, he hung up on me. First of all gregn96cuda, if Ed is the only reproduction guy you will buy from, you must not buy a lot of parts. There are a lot of much better people to do business with than someone who does this to anyone. Second......You don't know much about me at all if you think I like to complain. I had a hard time trying to decide whether or not to post this about him because of people like you who I have never heard of coming out of the woodwork running your mouth about a situation like this telling me I like to complain. My thoughts were for the group of guys who got burned by the Justin/Mike deal and it usually starts with this kind of dealings with people. It was meant to be just a heads up. This is not about whining over a delayed shipment. Its about someone selling parts that does not belong to them, lying and inappropriate business practices. But I guess you are ok with that until it happens to you. I have restored 3 cars back to back. I think I am accustomed to delayed shipments by now....Oh, and by the way, I never whined at all until now.

-
Back