Heads

-
I have to say if a roll bar is so dangerous in a street car why is NHTSA not freaking out and demanding a recall on every single jeep model with a factory roll bar.I understand your logic but when you look at the facts a properly designed roll bar (and padded) is not a problem and if it is then that person is in a situation where it probably wouldnt have mattered if he had one or not.
every time I've seen a Jeep there usually way behind the driver not like in Drag Racing where they need to be x amount of distance from your head and have to have a bar going down by your arm and things like that? Also the inheritance narrow short wheelbase of a Jeep is kind of a trade-off.. well likely your body is nowhere near a Jeep roll bar if it was it would be better to have it.. the rollover statistics on a Jeep got to be astronomical compared to any other vehicle.. of course I'm going out on a limb saying that but it sure would make sense..

every time I've seen a Jeep there usually way behind the driver not like in Drag Racing where they need to be x amount of distance from your head and have to have a bar going down by your arm and things like that? Also the inheritance narrow short wheelbase of a Jeep is kind of a trade-off.. well likely your body is nowhere near a Jeep roll bar if it was it would be better to have it.. the rollover statistics on a Jeep got to be astronomical compared to any other vehicle.. of course I'm going out on a limb saying that but it sure would make sense..
I guess it would depend on how tall you are lol,I am 6'4" and I can say when I ride in a any of my buddys jeeps I am close enough. I have never been in any drag car that seemed any worse to me with a good restraint setup,and I just take the door bars out on the street. Its like riding the scrambler at the fair!

I guess it would depend on how tall you are lol,I am 6'4" and I can say when I ride in a any of my buddys jeeps I am close enough. I have never been in any drag car that seemed any worse to me with a good restraint setup,and I just take the door bars out on the street. Its like riding the scrambler at the fair!
I still don't think it's really an apples-to-apples comparison using a Jeep and a drag car or Streetcar as comparisons...

Let’s see, what have we got here.......

A thread about “heads”.

Hhhhmmmm.......
Talking about........
NHTSA.......Jeeps........roll bars.

Yup, okay........ next!!

A thread about “heads”.

Hhhhmmmm.......
Talking about........

Yup, okay........ next!!
Post Number 2, 7, 8, and especially 9...
an average of one post every 4 months like we're going to be waiting for this guy to tell us the rest of the combo for another three and a half months?...

A thread about “heads”.

Hhhhmmmm.......
Talking about........

Yup, okay........ next!!
You are correct,but this comes up quite a bit and it is relevant to a fast street car. I would hope if someone went to the trouble to properly install a roll bar they would not be driving around with nothing but lap belts.

I just wear a helmet when I go to the grocery store. The local cops love it, because it's a rare treat for them. lol

I just wear a helmet when I go to the grocery store. The local cops love it, because it's a rare treat for them. lol
Oh good lord now we're talking about helmets and grocery stores and local police and rare treats LOL...
I thought this was about heads damn it...
:rofl:...:D...

Oh good lord now we're talking about helmets and grocery stores and local police and rare treats LOL...
I thought this was about heads damn it...
:rofl:...:D...
Well it is about heads, I'm just waiting for you to report back after you put the SM's on.
and don't be wearing your helmet and testing the tamer at the Dairy Queen drive thru. :D lol Man I miss those days. lol :D

Oh and don't let YR try to buy you a garden burger. and go on and on about PETA. lol

Oh and don't let YR try to buy you a garden burger. and go on and on about PETA. lol
Oh definitely a Killer Burger or a foster burger or something like that. I don't eat fake meat burgers or any fast food kind of stuff... And what's PETA?... My wife heard my voice command that I told me..
People who know me want to die and come back as one of my animals to get treated so well..
now see someone like PHR is going to come on here and start harassing me about not staying on subject but oh well you're not going to worry about that I'm always want to get the blame for this stuff...

Good morning all I'm looking to replace my heads and would like to hear from you guys on this matter. I have a set of eddy heads on my stroked 340(416) It runs good but not good enough. Im looking at the indy set up 360-H1-1K or the brodix set up the car goes 11.40 now and is a street car would love to get into the 10's. thanks for any advice
Where did you go ?
IMHO you'll be throwing money away on Indy heads to meet you goal. Take Flyfish's advice and have your Edelbrocks ported, it's your best bang for the buck.

My 408 ran 6.57 @ 104 and change in my 3260# street/strip 69 Dart. It was 10.8-1, flat solid cam, ported Edelbrocks and ran on pump 93.
I've ran ported heads on the last three engines I've built and the cost of the port work was the best money spent on the builds. The heads that were on my 408 flowed in the low-mid 290's before Ryan installed the 2.055" intake valves and were really to small for that engine. A stock Edelbrock head on that size engine is a big choke point on a performance build.

I'd rather have a mild combo with good heads as to have a wild one with junk heads.
These two posts pretty much sums it up good, very good advice. :thumbsup:

Where did you go ?

These two posts pretty much sums it up good, very good advice. :thumbsup:
Who what about mine?.. where I said he's made 30 Post in 10 years that's a post every four months if you ask him the rest of his combination we're not going to find out for 3 months and 3 weeks..

Damn it...I was gonna take him to BK for one of those meatless burgers. Now you've jacked that up!!

Oh well, Jpar can't tell the difference anyway.
You'll never see me step foot in a fast-food place so you can cross that right off your list... Either that or bring a porta potty in your truck because that stuff runs through me like you run through your father's hot rod magazines...

If your going 11.40's with un-touched Edelbrocks have them ported you'll get your 10 second slip..as for the roll bar 11.49 and quicker you need one,I have one in my "street/strip car) no issue with it at all!!

-
Back