Heat Exhaust Control Valve

-

Money Pit

Reaction score
Is the hole on the exhaust control valve supposed to leak? If nor how do I repair it? Thanks
exhaust hole.jpg

no, should not leak. on v8's most people remove the valve and weld up the hole. never noticed on a /6....already missing slantsixdan :(

Is that a recently refurb'ed motor? I know SoCal cars can look amazing to people from the rusty north, but can't be original with that little rust.

My 64 slant has the same round heat control weight, but the manifold doesn't have that hole. Your engine looks a bit later, with the exhaust pre-heat plenum, but I don't see an EGR valve and your block has the 5 core plugs, so perhaps a late 60's CA model. Hard to imagine someone drilled that hole, so probably factory. Check your shop manual if they mention adding the solvent there to free up the valve. Chrysler dealers used to sell the special solvent.

Is that a recently refurb'ed motor? I know SoCal cars can look amazing to people from the rusty north, but can't be original with that little rust.

My 64 slant has the same round heat control weight, but the manifold doesn't have that hole. Your engine looks a bit later, with the exhaust pre-heat plenum, but I don't see an EGR valve and your block has the 5 core plugs, so perhaps a late 60's CA model. Hard to imagine someone drilled that hole, so probably factory. Check your shop manual if they mention adding the solvent there to free up the valve. Chrysler dealers used to sell the special solvent.
It's a 1970. I repainted painted the engine and manifolds. I'll check the service manual. Thanks

Check your shop manual if they mention adding the solvent there to free up the valve. Chrysler dealers used to sell the special solvent.

I bought a can of that infamous solvent on Amazon a couple months ago. I followed one of SSD's links that led me to it.

-
Back