heater/ac controls question ??

-

mikess68

Reaction score
ive put back all the under dasy heat and ac. ran all the lines etc.

question: the heater control seemed to have had a fabric type material dome over the push button controls and a light in there also. it seems to work ok, but wonder if i should make another cover or is it necesary? what does it do??

ive put back all the under dasy heat and ac. ran all the lines etc.

question: the heater control seemed to have had a fabric type material dome over the push button controls and a light in there also. it seems to work ok, but wonder if i should make another cover or is it necesary? what does it do??

OK you must be refering to the button assembly that looks a little like radio buttons. That method of lighting the button labels is similar to fiber optics. the light is just shining down on all of the plastic button stems.
The piece of fabric that has the button holes die cut in it serves as a blind so the light doesn't show around the buttons. It also serves as a gasket.
The dustier and yellowe the clear plastic becomes the less light will go though.

`thanks i appreciate the help. thought it was one more thing i had to fix. but looks ok and works ok.

-
Back