Heater box j hook

-

70dustah

Reaction score
Hey gang
So I dropped my heater box to change the heater core in my
70 duster non ac and noticed the j hook in the fresh air door missing??? :banghead:Does any one have one they can part with??or where can I get one?
Thanks in advance
Steve

Sounds easy enough !! Going to have to pull down drivers fresh air box anyhow to install new gasket , so I will just copy that one.
Thanks

Sounds easy enough !! Going to have to pull down drivers fresh air box anyhow to install new gasket , so I will just copy that one.
Thanks

Unless I am mistaken, and that very well could be. The driver side does not use a j hook.

Should not be to hard though. Bend one side into a hook and cut the other side to length after you get it all mocked up.

The original J hook had a pre determined length so it couldn't be over tightened and damage the parts. I may have one but I would have to know exactly what application.
edit; Oops just re read and cant say for sure other A-body is same as Duster. Sorry
The drivers side box mounts to 3 studs going through slotted plastic. The nuts that are nearly impossible to see don't need to be completely removed to get the box down and replace that seal that is also quite different from the right side seal.

Thanks for the info. I haven't even read drivers side removal yet. Just removed it and went :banghead: . Really, who removes it and doesn't put it back!! Just one more shoddy repair job that I will repair the right way. Oh well have to expect that in 44 years there have been a lot of thing touched, some done right, and others, not so much. I have always believed in do it right the first time and be done with it.

-
Back