heater core in 1967 dart gt with a/c.

-
heater core is in a removable assy from the half the evaperator is located in. The heater core is the same, a/c or no a/c. It is easier to remove the glove box liner to get access to the nut that holds the halves together and the wiring connectors. Also behind the vent door has a J hook that is bolted from below the vent door.

I have done it a couple of times and other than being uncomfortable. Like above, don't try it without removing the glove box and on my 2nd round I took out the passenger seat which provided some extra room.

heater core is in a removable assy from the half the evaperator is located in. The heater core is the same, a/c or no a/c. It is easier to remove the glove box liner to get access to the nut that holds the halves together and the wiring connectors. Also behind the vent door has a J hook that is bolted from below the vent door.
Thanks.

You must vent the refrigerant. At least I had to in my 69 Dart. The EPA requires recovering it, and their drones might be watching. If R-12, they still say the oxone hole is a concern. R-134A is somewhat worse since causes climate change, which is a bigger concern today. If you change to HC, no risk to mother earth.

I did mine last year, not that hard and just follow the service manual.

A/C side is not removed to do a heater core.

-
Back