heater core?'s

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
My hearter is not flowing very well. So the heater is not working well. I plan on replacing the core. Is there a difference between A/C core and Non-A/C?
Car is a 71 Swinger A/C /6.

I have a extra heater core in good shape and it came out of a A/C car. Mark

have you tryed flushing the core. Its easy to do and can make a huge difference.

Thanks for the offer dartcuda but if I replace may as well go new so I (hope) wont have to do again in a few years.

Redfish. I flushed the system and just can get much flow out of the core. I put my water hose on the core hose and just cant get it to break up crud.

Take the heater hoses off at the engien end and drape them over the fender. Put a garden hose in to one and let it run a few minutes then move the garden hose to the other heater hose to reverse flow. repeat several times as req'd. It will take a little while but eventually the water will flow out clear in both directions. Done deal.

Redfish. That is the way I done it but it just seams like the water does not come out in a strong flow. It has not pressure when coming out and just seams like it is cloged.

-
Back