Heater fan switch

-

larry408

Reaction score
I am wiring up the heater/ac on my 73 Dart Sport. I need to know how to wire the blower switch so that I have both speeds. I can get it to work in the high speed only. I have installed a wiring kit from Ron Francis.

got the factory switch?

hey i just noticed we are i nthe same neck of the woods.

got the wiring diagramsm for the car? is the rest of your wiring factory?

You should have three connections on your blower motor switch, the black wire will be the power and go to the fuse box. The other two green wires are speeds, low and high and should connect to the blower motor resistor.

I am using the factory switch. The blower motor only has 2 wires. One is for power and the other is the ground. When I pulled the dash wiring harness I do not remember seeing a blower motor resistor. Where would it be located?

Is the resistor the part on the heater box with the 2 coiled wires that go in the heater box? If so, how do I wire it up?

I just read your post again and you have A/C, so I don`t know if my car is the same since it`s heater only. I can tell you what my car is like. Your blower motor should have two connections but your switch should have three.The resistor is on the heater box with the coiled wires. These connectors (on the resistor) should be connected to the two green wires on your switch, they will regulate how much power the motor receives. the black wire on your switch should go to the motor. There`s a ground wire (brown)that should connect from the motor to a retainer clip at the heater core connections and then run over to the passenger side kick panel and connect to the car body beneath it. HTH.

Longgone said:
I just read your post again and you have A/C, so I don`t know if my car is the same since it`s heater only. I can tell you what my car is like. Your blower motor should have two connections but your switch should have three.The resistor is on the heater box with the coiled wires. These connectors (on the resistor) should be connected to the two green wires on your switch, they will regulate how much power the motor receives. the black wire on your switch should go to the motor. There`s a ground wire (brown)that should connect from the motor to a retainer clip at the heater core connections and then run over to the passenger side kick panel and connect to the car body beneath it. HTH.

id dont agree. one wire to the switch is 12v+, the other 2 go to the resistor. then one wire from the motor goes to the resistor and the other wire from the motor is grounded

-
Back