Heater gets warmer during lefthand turns

-

BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMember
Reaction score
In my '73 Dart, the heater works relatively 'fine'.
But whenever I take a lefthand turn, the blown air gets noticably warmer for a while.

Has anyone had this same experience and can tell me what might be going on?
I'm thinking there might be a internal heater-door somewhat loose inside, getting 'shut' better at lefthand turns.

(The car came with airconditioning, but that system has been disconnected.)

I'd say you've answered your own question. A control door/ vacuum motor is probably not working or unhooked. I don't have a 73 shop manual, can't help you with specifics

perhaps its a nascar option package?

or the air door is unhooked under the dash. there are two cables that are hooked to the controls on the dash front panel that go to the air box. check to see that they are still connected at the heater box.

Here's a pic of what I could find. Text doesn't say much.

Attachments

• PC061541.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 150
That happens to me in my '03 Ram, and Nella's 2000 GMC van. Sometimes I get so cold, I stay in the roundabout for a few laps just to get warm again!!! It's been happening for years in my vehicles, but I thought it was just me!!

I also have another strange problem in my GTX, when I turn left after taking off from a light, the trans will wind out between 2nd and 3rd. Checked everything, even let my trans guy have it for a couple days, no internal problems, and it doesn't always do it!! And', I'm left handed!! Darned lefties!! Geof

here's a couple more of the a/c parts and txt. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PC061542.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 162
  • PC061543.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 141
  • PC061544.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 142
That happens to me in my '03 Ram, and Nella's 2000 GMC van. Sometimes I get so cold, I stay in the roundabout for a few laps just to get warm again!!! It's been happening for years in my vehicles, but I thought it was just me!!

Same thing happened with my '06 Ram. The door in the ac/heater box broke and it got fixed and think it's doing the same thing. I hear something thumping down there as the AC compressor kicks on and off.

John

Thanks for the help guys.
When I bought the car, the warm/cold control cable was loose from the rod. I found by fumbling around the dash through the missing glove box the cable retainer clip had broken off somehow.
I managed to reattach the cable again and secure it with 2 crossed over tie-raps (all with one hand behind the dash, working blindly).

I remember I did check for other loose heater components but didn't find any then. I'll have a look, see and feel around again this weekend.

-
Back