Heater Motor blower resistor

-

mtn_jake

73-340 Duster Hemi Orange
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement heater motor resistor?
The part number on the one I have now is: 3502736 173
It is in a 73 Duster which had A/C.

Also, is there a way to check to see if it is a working resistor or not?
(Mine only works on one speed and I know in the past, when my earlier Duster did this, it was the resistor.)

Is there an after market resistor or 'fix' for these? Seems I can't find one anywhere.

A little help will be most greatly appreciated.
Greg...................mtn_jake :violent1:

I'm going to ask around again about the heater blower resistor......where do i find a replacement one or fix or test the one that i have now.......the part number is 3502736 173. I'm sure that someone else here on FABO has had this problem.........
HELP please.
Greg.........mtn_jake

you should be able to find one in a wrecking yard. they are very common. im assuming you have the bad one pulled out?

Check all the good part stores. NAPA,Car Quest and the others.
You might be suprised. Found a blower switch at the local NAPA.
Just stay away from the cheap part stores.

I'll check with them. I even called a mopar dealer and they told me that it would be a part that I'd have to purchase thru a restoration place.
Is there anyway to check the resistor (out of the car) to make sure it is working properly?
Thanks.
Greg.........mtn_jake

Have you takin the thing out yet? It's only 2 screws. There are spring like coil resistors. Current through no resistors is high speed (full battery voltage). Current through 1 resistor is one speed less than high, and so forth. You could check it with an ohm meter but it's much simpler to just look at it for a broken coil.

I've checked the coils and they look alright. The problem (best I remember) is that when I flip the fan switch on it wasn't coming on at all. At one time, it was working on one speed. In years past on my other duster, the resistor was the culprit. I figured that I'd just purchase a spare but I seem to be having a problem tracking down where to get one. I don't think it's my heater blower itself, or a fuse.
Thanks.
Greg........mtn_jake

If you have a test light you can check for current at each wire / switch position. Electrical problems more often manually operated switches.

-
Back