Heater not working

-

glhx

Reaction score
69 dart

I've tested power out of the switch

I've tested power out of the resistor and Get power out on both speeds.
The resistor gets really hot

The motor won't spin.

I tried to Hotwire it by running a length of wire right into the heater positive and the heater won't spin

This is a non A/C car.
What are the chances my blower motor is bad.
What is the best replacement part for it

Or even an upgrade using a more powerful motor and maybe upgrading using a relay.
Benefits of this?

Also. What is the difference between the A/C blower motor and the non A/C
Blower motor.

Last edited:
Check that there isnt a squirrel caught in the squirrel cage, see if it spins freely with power off and make sure its properly grounded. Power and ground, no turnie-turnie means motor is hooped.

Also. What is the difference between the A/C blower motor and the non A/C
Blower motor.

The AC Motor is physically larger than the non-AC motor, at least on the early A’s they are.

Check that there isnt a squirrel caught in the squirrel cage, see if it spins freely with power off and make sure its properly grounded. Power and ground, no turnie-turnie means motor is hooped.

Is there any access to this without removing the heater box to check that cage

The AC Motor is physically larger than the non-AC motor, at least on the early A’s they are.

So if I want to put factory air conditioning in my car while I need to make the whole a little bit bigger for the AC motor to fit through?

Car is 69

No, the AC box and motor location is completely different, as is the firewall If you want AC go aftermarket

No, the AC box and motor location is completely different, as is the firewall If you want AC go aftermarket

This ^^^^^^

So if I want to put factory air conditioning in my car while I need to make the whole a little bit bigger for the AC motor to fit through?

Car is 69

As mentioned the firewall is different. I’m adding factory AC to my 65 Dart wagon and swapped the old non-AC firewall for a factory AC firewall.

Wow. So to put a factory ac in my car I would have to restructure the firewall or weld a patch in there to relocate it?

I already have half the original system. All the inside stuff.
Wiring
Box
Cables
Vents
Controls and switches
Plastic covers

All of it.

It's the outside stuff I didn't have. I was going to get a compressor and all the outside stuff off of a diplomat and retrofit it.

With all that being said. Do you still recommend going aftermarket system.

Last edited:
-
Back